jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

5 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Might just be me, but how can we have players in on trial when the rest of the squad aren’t there? Unless you have 22 players in on trial...

The attitude test is the first part of the trial. If you're happy to run around Ralston on your own for a week, then you progress to kicking a football next week.

8 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Remind me to introduce you to the internet one day. It'll blow your mind.

So the Camara covers the whole park who is making runs Who is making space. Here was me thinking the camera followed the ball. Funny only one person underwhelmed. 

58 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Might just be me, but how can we have players in on trial when the rest of the squad aren’t there? Unless you have 22 players in on trial...

52 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

The attitude test is the first part of the trial. If you're happy to run around Ralston on your own for a week, then you progress to kicking a football next week.

Ssssh! There are circa 32 trialists in covert training but Oran diesnt want the media to know in case we get gazumped!

He was excellent before he got injured. Very exciting young player
Agree. Thought he'd really come on to a game after a relatively slow start. Pretty sure he would have started the remaining matches had he not got injured.
Pleased to see him back.

Anyone any news on Pop ? I believe that is the key signing for us.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I like Dreyer and think if true he would be a good one to kick on, maybe become permanent? McAllister for me was disappointing in most games and failed to harnass his talent and contribute in every game.

the bit anout the winning formula is stretching things a bit far, we stayed up in the play off penalty shoot out. Lets not over play it. We will resume one of the favourites to finish down there again, unless/until he really does find a winning formula!

The right formula is more one loss (against the champions) in 10 games against many teams similar in resources. 

We ended up in a play-off because of a train wreck of a season that started with Stubbs and took some time to sort out including the gelling of new players & building back confidence of others. 

Not surprised this is lost on someone that’s go to is practically almost always the most negative stance. 

1 hour ago, Krankies therapist said:

See Boydy has retired . Would be great if ok could persuade him to change his mind and team up with Kenny millzo for the saints

:lol :unsure:

24 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Agree. Thought he'd really come on to a game after a relatively slow start. Pretty sure he would have started the remaining matches had he not got injured.
Pleased to see him back.

Anyone any news on Pop ? 

Gone a bit flat....

• Image result for glass of coke

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Agree. Thought he'd really come on to a game after a relatively slow start. Pretty sure he would have started the remaining matches had he not got injured.     Pleased to see him back.

Anyone any news on Pop ? I believe that is the key signing for us.

No, but you know the situation. He is contracted to his club. They want money to sell him. We want him for as little as possible. We knew the purchase price discussed when he came on loan - so now we are hoping to get him back on loan...or on the cheap.

The question is how much do they not want left with him verses how much we may sweeten a deal for taking him...

In the meantime his agent is trying to see how he and his player can benefit from every possible outcome...one of which is going to another club.

Either way IF he returns it will cost us something, perhaps not too huge an amount, but something... Player wants to come back and for me that is a big factor... The negotiations will continue until the deal is done or we get someone else... still think it is about 45/55 in our favour...

The big man is very decent and it is a tough call to get an equivalent or better option on our budget. (Basically he was a steal wage wise last season)

Game of chess continues...

2 hours ago, Krankies therapist said:

See Boydy has retired . Would be great if ok could persuade him to change his mind and team up with Kenny millzo for the saints

Why dont u coax Bobby Charlton out of retirement whilst youre at it

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It wasn't me who brought up "boo boy".

Besides that, my point was about person A chastising person B because person B is not as good at something as person A wants, or expects, them to be. There is no need for it, a simple comment that they don't think the other person is good enough would be sufficient.

OK.

He's sh!t. (IMHO).

Lyons, NOT OK.

ETA: OK IS OK. Lyons is not OK.... OK?

Edited by stlucifer