Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

and there chairman has a bit of cash about him i think.

Geoff Brown chucked it and handed over to his son I think.

They make shitloads of money from the use of their ground during the week. They have loads of functions going on there and probably make as much out of all that as they do out of the football. It explains how they can punch above their weight while playing to pitifully small crowds considering the team they can stick on the park at times.

What about speculating that Gary Teale , gets the finger out , works hard pre season , gains in fitness and in confidence , and start to show us how he managedto win all those Scottish caps .

My feeling is Teale thought he could come up from England , and stroll through games in the SPL , without putting in the sessions off the park , hopefully withn his contract in the final year , he will make a huge effort to deliver , so as to continue playing at this level.

If he doesn,t then I can see us saying cherio come December.

What about speculating that Gary Teale , gets the finger out , works hard pre season , gains in fitness and in confidence , and start to show us how he managedto win all those Scottish caps .

My feeling is Teale thought he could come up from England , and stroll through games in the SPL , without putting in the sessions off the park , hopefully withn his contract in the final year , he will make a huge effort to deliver , so as to continue playing at this level.

If he doesn,t then I can see us saying cherio come December.

Teale is just too slow now, that's his main problem. He was always a pacey guy which obviously got him by for many years when he could simply knock it past a player and run after it. He can't do that now. Couple that with poor decision making and he is not a good winger any more.

I think Teale works hard on the pitch but our best bet would be to get rid of him and free up the wage he's using. Otherwise, turn him into a Carey-type player who does his work from deep and actually looks at the game instead of running with his head down.

You are right in the English/Scottish aspect though - he probably got much more time on the ball down south which he simply doesn't have now.

In somewhat related news, someone on P&B is reporting we've signed 'highly-rated' winger Adam Brown, 16, whose contract at Celtic was up, on a three-year deal. Hardly the kind of wild rumour someone would make up, so I'll anticipate there's likely to be some truth to it.

Teale is just too slow now, that's his main problem. He was always a pacey guy which obviously got him by for many years when he could simply knock it past a player and run after it. He can't do that now. Couple that with poor decision making and he is not a good winger any more.

I think Teale works hard on the pitch but our best bet would be to get rid of him and free up the wage he's using. Otherwise, turn him into a Carey-type player who does his work from deep and actually looks at the game instead of running with his head down.

You are right in the English/Scottish aspect though - he probably got much more time on the ball down south which he simply doesn't have now.

In somewhat related news, someone on P&B is reporting we've signed 'highly-rated' winger Adam Brown, 16, whose contract at Celtic was up, on a three-year deal. Hardly the kind of wild rumour someone would make up, so I'll anticipate there's likely to be some truth to it.

https://twitter.com/#!/adambrown67

Thanks - apparently he's signed a two-year deal with an option for a third. Hardly major news as he's only 16 (apparently) so wouldn't imagine he'd be near the first team yet but good to see we're looking to the future. There's next to nothing online about him so we'll have to assume he is the new Messi.