jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Cool. Just point out which part of my post was wacky or "mace" up. I'll wait.

Never accused you of peppering the forum with 'Mace Up' comments. Tried to pay you a backhanded condiment. Lol

but suggesting we cant compete for the services of a free agent from the championship,against a championship club is a bit far fetched.

unless.... you are ITK on the current club finances? Are we rooked?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Some of the funniest, wackiest mace up shit i've read on here in years ffs...

just play this back to yourself..... Dundee Utd are paying Shankland £600k..! To play for three seasons.... ha, ha, ha...

That’s the rumour that’s pretty widespread. £3k a week, 3 year deal and a circa £200k signing fee.

I didn’t sign the contract or negotiate it. But that’s the rumour and I’ve heard that from Lorraine Kelly...

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone able to justify why we weren't in for Shankland? Jeez at zero fee he would have been just what we needed up front. Surely he would have fancied guaranteed game time in the Prem versus losing out on promotion at Utd?

Because Goodwin (and Oran) and Gus never wanted him...

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Never accused you of peppering the forum with 'Mace Up' comments. Tried to pay you a backhanded condiment. Lol

but suggesting we cant compete for the services of a free agent from the championship,against a championship club is a bit far fetched.

unless.... you are ITK on the current club finances? Are we rooked?

Nah, I just think there's only so far we'd attempt to compete for a striker who might only be ok.

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

That might hold up to scrutiny if Sunderland weren't in for him too! Lol

Yes, supposedly, but do you seriously think for one minute that with the wages they could pay; he would be faffing about with Dundee united IF there had been an actual offer?  Methinks not.

So...

- A leftback

- 2(?)CBs

- A RB/LB/CB cover

- 2 Wingers

- 2 Strikers

Minimum.

I'd imagine we could easily shift the likes of Kellerman, and one of Erhahon or MacPherson out on loan and still look covered in that area.

Heaton will be off soon i'd imagine.

Edited by W6Saint

On 7/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, foxbar_bud said:

St Johnstone have the boy Tanser at left back who is their first choice, maybe they were only willing to pay him as a back up option. Or due to Liam Gordon getting an injury maybe the money they had aside for a left back needs to go on a centre half now.

Loads of ways we could get him in but they couldn’t

I’m sure with all your inside info you would have known that though emoji90.png

I would hope that this is possible. I hope the big Dutch Striker is possible and I hope we might still get Popesco back. Hope.. 

12 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
On 7/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, St.Ricky said:
I would hope that this is possible. I hope the big Dutch Striker is possible and I hope we might still get Popesco back. Hope.. 

Yep, I'm still holding out for Popescu too. Hoping....

He's not in the Dinamo Bucharest squad that's playing tonight.

I read that Stokes is going to sign for a Turkish 2nd division side. Should he be someone we are looking at?

He had his chance last year and he’s a liability. Surprised anyone on here would even mention him as a possible signing.

Wasn't sure where was best to post this, doesn't deserve its own thread but notice Greg Tansey is back from his injury and fit to play - but isn't being allowed to train with the squad at Ralston. Has been training on his own at a local rugby field. Someone asked him what was going on and he just replied "nothing to do with me mate"

Bizarre 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Wasn't sure where was best to post this, doesn't deserve its own thread but notice Greg Tansey is back from his injury and fit to play - but isn't being allowed to train with the squad at Ralston. Has been training on his own at a local rugby field. Someone asked him what was going on and he just replied "nothing to do with me mate"

Bizarre 

Has taken up rugby. :wink:

23 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Bizarre 

Bizarre is right.

I had thought the social media clips of Tansey training in a public park was extra training on top of Ralston.

Didn't seem that long ago he was praising St Mirren for helping him come back from another operation.

A week seems a long time at St Mirren.

What has changed? Is this another fall out?

41 minutes ago, magnus said:

Bizarre is right.

I had thought the social media clips of Tansey training in a public park was extra training on top of Ralston.

Didn't seem that long ago he was praising St Mirren for helping him come back from another operation.

A week seems a long time at St Mirren.

What has changed? Is this another fall out?

Yeah my first thoughts when I saw those clips was "fair play, he's putting in extra work to get match fit"

Then noticed he had said he was already fit to play, now saying it's not his decision to be training alone. He seems a fairly quiet guy that just gets on with things so can't imagine its a fall out - maybe we just don't fancy him over some of the other centre mids at the club. Bit shite not letting the guy train with the squad though

Yeah my first thoughts when I saw those clips was "fair play, he's putting in extra work to get match fit"
Then noticed he had said he was already fit to play, now saying it's not his decision to be training alone. He seems a fairly quiet guy that just gets on with things so can't imagine its a fall out - maybe we just don't fancy him over some of the other centre mids at the club. Bit shite not letting the guy train with the squad though
Strange indeed. I'd have thought he could be the kind of tough tackling leader JG would have wanted to see on the pitch.