Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

danny in today's pde saying our left back will come from closer to home.....either barron or carey, or even some under-19 left-back. case closed on that one then!

Methinks Carey is the likely candidate in that case, with Imrie playing ahead of him in a 4-4-2 or with him as wing-back in a 3-5-2. I just hope Danny knows what he's doing, but I'm willing to trust him on this one.

Methinks Carey is the likely candidate in that case, with Imrie playing ahead of him in a 4-4-2 or with him as wing-back in a 3-5-2. I just hope Danny knows what he's doing, but I'm willing to trust him on this one.

We may be more exposed at the back with Carey there. He will want to get up the left wing when attacking which could leave us exposed at the left side.

Carey isn't a jinky winger neither is he a left back. I reckon his best position would be in the middle of the park. Our defence could be solid though if Barron can stay fit and make the right back position his own therefore allowing Carey to play left back. His delivery from deep is deadly at times.

---------Goodwin

Carey Mair McGregor Barron

---------Samson

I reckon with that defence + Goodwin we could get away with Carey at Left back

I would not be happy with Carey at fullback. Doesnt track back enough or tackle. An accident waiting to happen. In an emergency he could do a job but he would be a weak link if used there all season (IMHO). Would love to see us sign Jure again with Carey in front of him.

A work colleague down here informs me that "that Scottish lot you support" are looking at an ex-Chesterfield player.

This is almost certainly nonsense as the same colleague told me with complete certainty that St Mirren were in discussions to sign Christian Dailly two season back. He is so unreliable, I classify this as speculation rather than rumour.

Anyway, for what it's worth, this is the lad he was talking about.

A work colleague down here informs me that "that Scottish lot you support" are looking at an ex-Chesterfield player.

This is almost certainly nonsense as the same colleague told me with complete certainty that St Mirren were in discussions to sign Christian Dailly two season back. He is so unreliable, I classify this as speculation rather than rumour.

Anyway, for what it's worth, this is the lad he was talking about.

Strangely enough , I was working in Bradford today & a Rotherham fan I know mentioned this to me in amonst other things we were discussing !!

Rotherhams new stadium is stunning btw :)

Would it not be great if people who actually heard things from relatively reliable sources posted what they heard and those that just talk pish saved their made up rumours for some other forum. Get too excited reading rumours about good players who it turns out Danny has never even considered!

Listen I don't know how true it is but I have no reason not to believe my source. Can't say he's a signing that will get me excited though.

Miller was mentioned on here weeks ago as a possible target ! I believe there is some truth in the story that we're interested !

Bbc gossip saying Andy Kirk, who has an option to remain at East End Park for another year, is likely to leave Dunfermline following their relegation. Would he not be a decent shout? I know he isn't young, but scored a fair few goals last season in a shit side. Could maybe do the same, if not better with the saints.

Bbc gossip saying Andy Kirk, who has an option to remain at East End Park for another year, is likely to leave Dunfermline following their relegation. Would he not be a decent shout? I know he isn't young, but scored a fair few goals last season in a shit side. Could maybe do the same, if not better with the saints.

I think we are covered in the ageing journyman striker front.

I think we are covered in the ageing journyman striker front.

So you are telling me you wouldn't take kirk as he is old? People said Thompson was old and isn't a natural goal scorer and he quite a few for us last season and I expect more of the same this coming season. After that, From what I can find these are last seasons goal stats (could be wrong)

13 - Steven Thompson

8 - Paul McGowan

6 - Nigel Hasselbaink

4 - Kenny McLean

2 - Steven Thomson

2 - Graham Carey

1 - Jim Goodwin

1 - Lee Mair

1 - Marc McAusland

1 - Aaron Mooy

When looking at top scorers on BBC it shows

Thompson St Mirren = 13 (33Years old)

Kirk Dunfermline = 11 (33 years old)

11 goals is good for an "ageing journey man" in what was a very crap SPL side!

Last season we were not as good infornt of goal as we could have been. This season it is something we need to sort out and if he could bag 11 is a shite team, imagine what he could do with better people around him. He may not be young, but would we be able to afford a 19yo who could bag over 10 a season? To have two strikers (no matter their age) who can get over 10 each a season would be great for us!