Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Andy Kirk's now scored 11 SPL goals (two today so far) for a really shitey Dunfermline team. He's 32 but his scoring record with the Pars is almost one goal every two starts. He's decent in the air too and clearly knows where the goal is. Worth a one-year deal for us next year as that competition/back-up for Thommo? He would surely not break the bank either...

http://www.soccerbas...player_id=16412

rolleyes.gif

FWIW I would have taken Kirk over Parkin.

We would have to unload someone like Gary Teale in order to pay the likes of Hayes the kind of wage he would demand.

We would of been able to bring hayes to st.mirren park on the wages teale is on no problem, teale has hardly kicked a ball for us, wage thief!

Fskes tslking to falkirk strker that banged in 20 goals plus why we not getting finger out were much bigger club than them! Same every year

We might be a bigger club than St. Johnstone but they finished in the top 6 and have more money than us.

Maybe if we'd matched what St. Johnstone & Motherwell achieved last season - and with the players we have there is no reason we we shouldn't - then maybe we'd be able to compete with them for players.

I'm not sure how you measure how 'big' a club is. Can anyone enlighten me? I've never thought of us a 'big' club at all, or that it mattered one little bit.

Agree with this.

That little club St Johnstone have finished in the top 6 of the SPL, something we have never achieved and accumulated more SPL points than us in the same number of seasons.

Edited by davidg

They have snaller fan base! Never won a Major trophy only reason they finished above us is they have a striker in sandaza if our 17 draws half were wins we wouldve bn well ahead of them!

True but they still pull in more money than us

They are a very well run club always making money outside match days

hayes is out of contract at ict, the dons and county are seemingly after him, surely we could afford to offer him a contract! Cracking player!

Given that we don't yet know the size of the financial hole our board have dug us into I think buying players is that last thing we should be doing right now.

They have snaller fan base! Never won a Major trophy only reason they finished above us is they have a striker in sandaza if our 17 draws half were wins we wouldve bn well ahead of them!

They'll be playing European football next season, they'll will offer bigger wages, are likely to finish above us in the table and they'll probably get further in the cups.

Why on earth would he choose us over St Johnstone?

They'll be playing European football next season, they'll will offer bigger wages, are likely to finish above us in the table and they'll probably get further in the cups.

Why on earth would he choose us over St Johnstone?

Exactly.

At this level, the history of a club compared to another is meaningless to modern day footballers.

The most important thing will be who pays the highest - with stuff like European football, chances of relegation and chance of playing every week behind it.