Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, David Mc said:

If it means we can bring in a player who is not a central midfielder then it's a positive.

Hopefully making a few good signings is not dependant on us letting him go. Stephen is still a very decent player. We have all the extra cash from selling out the family stand. Keep Top Bin and add a few more good players. 

Wrong time to get rid of StePHen.

Struggles with fitness a lot these days but when fit is a good player.

Squad is dropping like flies as it is, 2 midfielders playing in defence today. 
Not many of our players have played top end English Championship football and really get the club like him.

Good guy to have in the dressing room. Goodwin clearly acknowledges his influence as when on the bench he stays in for half time team talk then goes out to warm up.

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Not many of our players have played top end English Championship football and really get the club like him.

Good guy to have in the dressing room. Goodwin clearly acknowledges his influence as when on the bench he stays in for half time team talk then goes out to warm up.

and didn't they do well. 

15 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Correct time to move him on. We need the wage freed up to improve the quality of the squad.

Great servant and model professional but we need more than half time team talks.

20 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Correct time to move him on. We need the wage freed up to improve the quality of the squad.

Great servant and model professional but we need more than half time team talks.

Totally agree , also gives Stephen a chance to find the right club . Would also try and put four or five players out on loan . With a view to getting three or four in.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

According to a St.J fan on P&B, we've informed them that we'll be speaking to Matty Kennedy about a contract for next season.

However, Aberdeen are interested, which means he'll sign for them.

Twitter version...Saints fans think it's the Agent touting him to get a better deal but still staying at the Fakes. Stevie May's agent did much the same hawking him last summer.

Thank f**k we never signed him, he's been pure mince.

Kennedy.PNG

Edited by thomsons dropped it
No idea....

16 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Twitter version...Saints fans think it's the Agent touting him to get a better deal but still staying at the Fakes. Stevie May's agent did much the same hawking him last summer.

Thank f**k we never signed him, he's been pure mince.

Kennedy.PNG

Kennedy on the other hand, is a good player, even if he's a bit 'fally doony'.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Repectfully Disagree, we're in a 4 (5?) way dogfight. Need all the experience we can get over the next 6 months. Beyond that fair enough if we're looking to progress.

If he moved on I have a feeling Jim would look to bring in an experienced midfielder to replace him anyway. 

ETA - you don't have a clue whether we need the wage or not. Not another club accountant <_<

Edited by W6Saint

On 12/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, munoz said:

Sad to say, but fully agree.  You never like to see a great servant coming to their end at our club,  but unfortunately it looks like his time is almost up. The freeing up of wages is something that will be needed this window,  and SMcG must be on a decent wedge St Mirren wise. 

I think we need 4 or 5 in this window depending on what happens to the loanees,  so there has to be a certain amount of players leaving. 

Contrast this with the last couple of years when we were looking at around a dozen in and out. By no means perfect, but the squad is in much better shape this year.

12 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Repectfully Disagree, we're in a 4 (5?) way dogfight. Need all the experience we can get over the next 6 months. Beyond that fair enough if we're looking to progress.

If he moved on I have a feeling Jim would look to bring in an experienced midfielder to replace him anyway. 

ETA - you don't have a clue whether we need the wage or not. Not another club accountant <_<

You don't need to have a clue to know that

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

It was quite commonly known that in order to get Broadfoot in, Jack Baird's wage had to be freed up, hence him moving on loan to Morton.

Given no-one has since moved in either direction, either GLS is going to increase the budget for another couple of players (which is feasible) or if not, folk will have to go out to come in.

Tony said in the club yesterday what positions we need and the number rounded off to 5 players in, not including a goalie which makes me think the club will resist any offers for Hladky.

The most obvious positions of the 5 are two centre halfs and a left back. We have been threadbare incentral defence and there are no guarantees that McLoughlins deal will be granted an extension by Hull

1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

Tony said in the club yesterday what positions we need and the number rounded off to 5 players in, not including a goalie which makes me think the club will resist any offers for Hladky.

The most obvious positions of the 5 are two centre halfs and a left back. We have been threadbare incentral defence and there are no guarantees that McLoughlins deal will be granted an extension by Hull

Amazingly, if you'd said to most supporters 6 weeks ago that 3 bodies would have to come in, most would have said a striker (possibly two) and a creative midfielder.

Now it's all change and reinforcements in the defence are needed desperately.

I'd also happily keep Ryan Flynn as first choice right back for now. He's performed really well there in his stint and probably fits in better than he would in the midfield at present.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Amazingly, if you'd said to most supporters 6 weeks ago that 3 bodies would have to come in, most would have said a striker (possibly two) and a creative midfielder.

Now it's all change and reinforcements in the defence are needed desperately.

I'd also happily keep Ryan Flynn as first choice right back for now. He's performed really well there in his stint and probably fits in better than he would in the midfield at present.

Flynn has certainly got better in every game he had played in that position. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Flynn has certainly got better in every game he had played in that position. 

I'd say hands down that of players still here from last season, he has been the most consistent top performer in last 12 months. Fantastic player with bags of energy and determination.

Totally agree , also gives Stephen a chance to find the right club . Would also try and put four or five players out on loan . With a view to getting three or four in.

If I’m not mistaken. Goodwin stated in his interview that unless players come chapping his door no one will be leaving as the squad is a bit thin on the ground (or words to that affect)
From that I assume S McGinn will be going nowhere.

12 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

With Steve Bruce being at the game I wonder if he was seeing if any Newcastle players would benefit coming to the the buds. emoji106.png

PS, I hope the incoming rumour of a Clyde centre forward isn't going to happen. emoji37.png

There is no chance of the centre forward to whom you are referring coming here. The closest he'll get to our ground is when he works a backshift at the B & Q on Renfrew Road.