Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

Calm down dear, all I was pointing out his role isn't to score goals unlike Obika. 
PS It's not a "like for like" comparison, jeezo. 
I didn't make the comparison, others did. I merely pointed out the flaw in suggesting Montrose's finest was the answer to our low scoring, and is a ways down the scoring return table compared to what we have.
On another point, I know nothing of this player, but I do know Gus etc were creaming their thongs because they signed Djorkaeff..!
Another player of a similar age who has been passed around like an alter boy in Whitehall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine.

It’s 18th January, 3pm. Over 7,000 including 1,633 Broxburn Athletic fans cram into the Simple Digital Arena.

The saints line-up with Hladky in goal and a back four of McGinn, Popescu, Davis and Muzek. Gavin Reilly leads the line on his return to the club, he’s taking the kick-off back to Morgan.

Scenes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I didn't make the comparison, others did. I merely pointed out the flaw in suggesting Montrose's finest was the answer to our low scoring, and is a ways down the scoring return table compared to what we have.
On another point, I know nothing of this player, but I do know Gus etc were creaming their thongs because they signed Djorkaeff..!
Another player of a similar age who has been passed around like an alter boy in Whitehall.

Sex change? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:


 

 


There we have it folks, an Elvis prediction, so the boy's obviously signing on Saturday. :whistle

 

The sad thing about Elvis's predictions is...   

 

 

... to often he's right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I didn't make the comparison, others did. I merely pointed out the flaw in suggesting Montrose's finest was the answer to our low scoring, and is a ways down the scoring return table compared to what we have.
On another point, I know nothing of this player, but I do know Gus etc were creaming their thongs because they signed Djorkaeff..!
Another player of a similar age who has been passed around like an alter boy in Whitehall.

Eeew Gus wears a thong

DujxcnAWkAU8IaO.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Cork City defender Conor McCarthy is being linked with a move to the SPL, with St. Mirren his likely destination.

Source: Cork City FC News via Twitter

 

Were we not linked with in the close season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Centre Backs are far more important, with 17 goals in 21 games we struggle when we lose 1 goal.  

In our 5 wins we have only lost 1 goal, against county, so we keep it clean we do well, includes 3 0-0s. So that's 4 wins and 3 draws with no goals against 15 out our 19 points.

Centre Backs please Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Imagine.

It’s 18th January, 3pm. Over 7,000 including 1,633 Broxburn Athletic fans cram into the Simple Digital Arena.

The saints line-up with Hladky in goal and a back four of McGinn, Popescu, Davis and Muzek. Gavin Reilly leads the line on his return to the club, he’s taking the kick-off back to Morgan.

Scenes!

If only Bazil. 

Followed by Morgan crosses and Obika scores. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Imagine.

It’s 18th January, 3pm. Over 7,000 including 1,633 Broxburn Athletic fans cram into the Simple Digital Arena.

The saints line-up with Hladky in goal and a back four of McGinn, Popescu, Davis and Muzek. Gavin Reilly leads the line on his return to the club, he’s taking the kick-off back to Morgan.

Scenes!

You were doing OK until that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints fans have always had a thing about signing ex players.

How about we sign some players who’ve never played for us before and they turn out good.

Anyone coming back is coming back for a reason - IE they haven’t made it elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know you don't rate our strikers very well, but in reality 2 CB's inbound, 1 being Baird, is a much higher priority, even if either or both of our old guys looks like getting back to fitness - we cannot take that risk again surely - not at the sharp end of the season, and starting only 1 point about the play-off place...?

LB and LM also higher priority but a goal scoring player would be very well received . . . 😁

Really ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

So one inbound, then. Not two. 

Much like a Tory policy with new nurses, signing one new player and retaining another player - even one who has been out on loan - doesn't mean two incoming as the player is already ours. 

Not sure what you are trying to assert here BUT if Baird has not being playing for us (as he has not) and he comes in and does then he has "bounded in". If not he could presumably remain at the Soap dodgers and would NOT be inbound . . .

Given we have NO CB's fit and have a RB and Midfielder who can play CB at a push, bringing in Baird and another is pretty fundamentally having 2 inbound for this purpose.

Whether Baird is already our player or not - he is out (away at the moment and would need to come back in)

Whoooooooooooosh me thinks !  :cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody Cooke quoted in the PDE. He doesn't seem to think any more strikers will be arriving in January.



He admits it was a weight off his mind to hear St Mirren gaffer Jim Goodwin wasn’t targeting new signings up front after he has battled his way back into contention.

He said: “It’s a bit of a relief that the gaffer has spoken about being happy with the strikers he’s got at the club. From our point of view, I know there was a lot of question marks towards the start of the year about how many goals the boys were scoring. But now we’ve got real good competition for places. Jon Obika’s got the shirt at the moment and he knows there’s people really pushing him hard to keep his place, including myself.We’ve got Danny Mullen as well, who didn’t get on against Killie. We’ve got a really strong forward line and it would surprise me if he was to add to that number. The only way I could see things changing is if somebody moved out, but that’s not the case. The manager hasn’t mentioned that to me or any of the others and I can see why because we’ve got good competition.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure what you are trying to assert here BUT if Baird has not being playing for us (as he has not) and he comes in and does then he has "bounded in". If not he could presumably remain at the Soap dodgers and would NOT be inbound . . .

Given we have NO CB's fit and have a RB and Midfielder who can play CB at a push, bringing in Baird and another is pretty fundamentally having 2 inbound for this purpose.

Whether Baird is already our player or not - he is out (away at the moment and would need to come back in)

Whoooooooooooosh me thinks !  :cheers

:lol: 

Nae bother Matt Hancock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Cork City defender Conor McCarthy is being linked with a move to the SPL, with St. Mirren his likely destination.

Source: Cork City FC News via Twitter

 

 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Irish Centre Back linked with the club. Negotiations underway. 

Well I never. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...