Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Ross County have just sold 18yo Gallagher to Aberdeen for an undisclosed fee rumoured to be around 6 figures. Possibly just passed that on to Hibs for Shaw.

In the few times I have seen Shaw he looked a handful. Had a great game against us at ER when he made one and scored one in the Hammill 2-2 draw.

Oli Shaw is half decent, though I think he would be too high a risk of a signing to part with 6 figures. In total he has only had around a season and a halves worth of first team football at Hibs and that includes championship level.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a player come in from overseas, with our scouting range we have in place now.

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
I tend to the same view. A catastrophe waiting to happen at some point. A vanity project. 

You've been a long time though. Maybe..? It isnt a catastrophe....

It's a vanity project. Why not? He has the money. The problems occur when he wants to move it on, has illness impact on him or financial setbacks. However, I don't see a Gretna. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Don't know much about Oli Shaw but quite happy to miss out on him if it would have been a six figure fee. Imagine the meltdown from folk on here if we spent that on a Hibs reserve.

If he goes on to bag a shedload of goals for Ross County then fair enough but it's a bit of a gamble if they're spending that much.

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don't know much about Oli Shaw but quite happy to miss out on him if it would have been a six figure fee. Imagine the meltdown from folk on here if we spent that on a Hibs reserve.

If he goes on to bag a shedload of goals for Ross County then fair enough but it's a bit of a gamble if they're spending that much.

I would have taken Shaw but not paid a substantial fee for him. A token amount with a sell on clause maybe at best.

I doubt it was Shaw as Goody went on record on Saturday post match as saying either target would be a considerable upgrade on what we have (hard to argue that about a Hibs reserve).  He did reiterate that these targets were not definite to come off, some work was required.

Where is the Cooke going info from ?

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Oli Shaw is half decent, though I think he would be too high a risk of a signing to part with 6 figures. In total he has only had around a season and a halves worth of first team football at Hibs and that includes championship level.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a player come in from overseas, with our scouting range we have in place now.

Here's hoping so.

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Cannot find a Cammy Smith thread - but after his flop at UTD, I hear he is on trial at Dundalk - 

So , we take their best player and they get a player who was surplus to our requirements as a possible replacement.  

Aye, the Irish League is far better than Scottish football my arse.

4 hours ago, pod said:

How do you know he's far better. 

JG and others saying Peter is not yet up to the challenge and fits in at reserves with potential for the future - the other goalie plays at a higher level and has already shown that he is better than a reserves keeper . . .