jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

23 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Yeah tell them to add another 0 and we will think about it.

We are pretty shit at selling players though so it will be £50k. A third of what we paid for Heaton.

We definitely need a better strategy with regards to player management, retention and recruitment. I presume Flynn is out of contract at end of season based on a couple of comments. He is the type of player we should be looking to keep and extending his contract if we can due to performances and versatility. P McGinn, Flynn, Foley and possibly McGrath (if he continues the way he has started) should be core members of our squad and a team built around them.  They are the hardworking consistent performers who give their all. Magennis would be in that category also although form hasn't been as good this season and the injury is a nightmare. MacPherson also plays with his heart and has done well since coming back into the squad. 

I believe Jim will be more ruthless once he has got his core members of a squad as long as he isn't hampered by those either beside them or above him. 

Be interesting to see if you’re allowed the above opinions... seems I’m not. Will we get a consistent take from the moaners or was I maybe targeted for some reason? 😅

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think Baz has been playing a bit too much Football Manager. 

I like Paul McGinn, he's a steady hand but that's all he is... as someone else alluded to, he's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 every week. Perhaps in English football circles with him still under contract, you'd pull a six figure fee for a player like him. In Scottish football though, suggesting £200k is an absolutely wild appraisal when you consider Hearts brought in Liam Boyce (who was in the same situation) last week for only £150k. 

If we pull in 30-40k for McGinn and bring in a suitable replacement, it would be a decent return. 

Again, £200k is the minimum I would accept, I’m not saying that’s what we’ll get. Less than that, I think he’s more important as a player for the remainder of the season over the money. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You could pick any subject Baz has ever posted on and get the same result.🤣🤣

You could never accuse Baz of doing a "Ricky" and playing to the gallery to try and gain "likes" for his posts.

Backs up the lean to negative from some of the regulars on here IMO. Some absolute crackers from illegal activity to lying chairman 😂

Edited by bazil85

Be interesting to see if you’re allowed the above opinions... seems I’m not. Will we get a consistent take from the moaners or was I maybe targeted for some reason?
You were not "targeted". Stop playing the victim. Pitiful!

You were pulled up for using the expression "St Moan", which is the intellectual property of people who hate St Mirren.

Again, £200k is the minimum I would accept, I’m not saying that’s what we’ll get. Less than that, I think he’s more important as a player for the remainder of the season over the money. 
Some things are more important than much needed money for the club?

Is that more reversing beepers I hear?

Club income is all that matters according to you!

More hypocrisy!

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

You were not "targeted". Stop playing the victim. Pitiful!

You were pulled up for using the expression "St Moan", which is the intellectual property of people who hate St Mirren.

And again, it pains me how relevant it is. 

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Some things are more important than much needed money for the club?

Is that more reversing beepers I hear?

Club income is all that matters according to you!

More hypocrisy! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nope, as usual it is absolutely no reversing. Read my original comment on this & you will again see you’re wrong in saying I have reversed or a hypocrite. 

I have never once said club income outstrips the strength of the tram on the park, what a ridiculous claim. A blatant lie from the guy that yet again proves he’s desperate for my attention 😂

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I have never once said club income outstrips the strength of the tram on the park, what a ridiculous claim.

Was it no’ busses that Goodie parked up to defend in depth...?

I see Rangers have recalled Jake Hastie from loan with Rotherham, as he wasn't getting enough game time. If we are in the market for another winger I wonder if this is a possibility. Goody took him on loan to Alloa last season. Would be a fantastic signing.

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I see Rangers have recalled Jake Hastie from loan with Rotherham, as he wasn't getting enough game time. If we are in the market for another winger I wonder if this is a possibility. Goody took him on loan to Alloa last season. Would be a fantastic signing.

That's a very good shout/spot.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Think he’s played for Rangers this season, so would rule him out of signing for someone else.

I noticed that Lee Hodson wasn’t selected in the Gillingham squad for their game this evening. Wonder if we have enquired about a loan deal until the end of the season or he is just injured? 

1 minute ago, Caldy_87 said:

I noticed that Lee Hodson wasn’t selected in the Gillingham squad for their game this evening. Wonder if we have enquired about a loan deal until the end of the season or he is just injured? 

Is Hodson not a left back ?, I would hope we would be looking for a right back if Paul does leave.

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

Is Hodson not a left back ?, I would hope we would be looking for a right back if Paul does leave.

Hodson started his time at Rangers as a Right Back but was equally comfortable as a Left Back. To be honest, he can play both sides but he is Right footed. He could provide options for either full back position. Either allowing Flynn to push forward or taking over from Waters. 

Just now, Caldy_87 said:

Hodson started his time at Rangers as a Right Back but was equally comfortable as a Left Back. To be honest, he can play both sides but he is Right footed. He could provide options for either full back position. Either allowing Flynn to push forward or taking over from Waters. 

Fair call then and we know what we would be getting.

20 minutes ago, Caldy_87 said:

As he's supposedly only made 4 appearances, he's probably not much in their plans at present.