Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

JG on Sky Sports saying 4 or 5 more in, primarily defenders.

Also looking for another centre forward to compete with Jon Obika and Morias.

Personally, I think 2 centre halves, a left back and two forward options are a must.

Sounds like the captain will be playing right mid.  Contract extension announcement imminent I'd think.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

JG on Sky Sports saying 4 or 5 more in, primarily defenders.

Also looking for another centre forward to compete with Jon Obika and Morias.

Personally, I think 2 centre halves, a left back and two forward options are a must.

Thought having 4 striking options last season was too much, ended up with 5😂 wouldn’t be sad seeing morias replaced but seems to be in the managers plans.

Edited by mattman

7 minutes ago, mattman said:

Thought having 4 striking options last season was too much, ended up with 5😂 wouldn’t be sad seeing morias replaced but seems to be in the managers plans.

We actually ended up with six!

Obika, Jakubiak, Morias, Cooke, Mullen and Chabbi.

Obika and Morias are all that's left and given Goodwin enjoyed going with 2 up quite a lot last season, I'd be hopeful of Jakubiak returning to the club and another forward option.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We actually ended up with six!

Obika, Jakubiak, Morias, Cooke, Mullen and Chabbi.

Obika and Morias are all that's left and given Goodwin enjoyed going with 2 up quite a lot last season, I'd be hopeful of Jakubiak returning to the club and another forward option.

Forgot all about Chabbi😂😂 

yeah true, he does go with the two quite a lot, but even when we had the 4, Cooke never got a sniff, could be a wasted wage as it’s hard to find proper quality up top.

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Forgot all about Chabbi😂😂 

yeah true, he does go with the two quite a lot, but even when we had the 4, Cooke never got a sniff, could be a wasted wage as it’s hard to find proper quality up top.

Agreed but if you are going 2 up top even 50% of the time, you definitely need a 4th forward in the squad. You saw last season what injuries and a lack of cover can do in devastating a squad.  There are a lot of good options without clubs down south and you need to believe that the choice of clubs available to an out of contract player down there has narrowed significantly.

I've said it before, we might get one or two players coming aboard that we'd normally have been beaten all ends up to getting.

13 hours ago, mattman said:

Morias gives the impression that he tries too hard.

If JG can get him to relax a bit there might still be a future for him here.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. 25 year old Mitch Rose, a box-to-box midfielder most recently with Notts County is a target accordingly to one of the tabloids.
He is the brother of Spurs player Danny Rose.

On the subject of strikers, could we possibly run with Obika, Morias and one more (hopefully Jakubiak) if budget was stretched? There may be one or two midfield options who can play high up off the one striker as an alternative option? I'm not sure if there is potentially a striker within our reserves who could make up a 4th striker position. 
Morias gives us flexibility in games to either move out wide or partner Obika. A player with similar attributes would be good.

5 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. 25 year old Mitch Rose, a box-to-box midfielder most recently with Notts County is a target accordingly to one of the tabloids.
He is the brother of Spurs player Danny Rose.

On the subject of strikers, could we possibly run with Obika, Morias and one more (hopefully Jakubiak) if budget was stretched? There may be one or two midfield options who can play high up off the one striker as an alternative option? I'm not sure if there is potentially a striker within our reserves who could make up a 4th striker position. 
Morias gives us flexibility in games to either move out wide or partner Obika. A player with similar attributes would be good.

It has, but not as good as your post.