Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Ladies/Gents

My calls for a speculation section so far have been unanswered!

I think we need a special section for the questions such as

Who should we sign?

Who would you like us to sign?

What players are currently free and looking for a club and may do a job for St Mirren?

There IS a place for speculation, we ALL like to do it and thus far this forum does not really allow us to do it without comments (from people like me) such as "thats not a rumour".

So please speculate here (and if you believe in such a section then maybe the mods will see it too) and it may make the rumour mill slighty more credible!

I shall start

Goalkeeper...I would love us to go for Jamie Langfield

Defence......Keep Will Haining

Midfield.....Marcus Niculae now that he has been released?

Striker....Leigh Griffiths?

if only,,only 1 problem with keeper,he wont come to st mirren,,he had the chance to sign with us when he was 15,and turned it down because blue bigots showed a slight intrest in him.and as he was/is a supporter of that club,he held out hoping they would sign him,by the time they stopped watching him saints had already signed another keeper,and he went to dundee on s form.now we cant afford him.

if only,,only 1 problem with keeper,he wont come to st mirren,,he had the chance to sign with us when he was 15,and turned it down because blue bigots showed a slight intrest in him.and as he was/is a supporter of that club,he held out hoping they would sign him,by the time they stopped watching him saints had already signed another keeper,and he went to dundee on s form.now we cant afford him.

Plus he's shite.

Plus your replying to a post that's 3 an a half years old

Plus, two commas doesn't equal a full stop.

blink.png

Am I being whooshed?huh.png

• 2 weeks later...

From buddie Dougie McNeil at the BBC; Queens Park defender Paul McGinn training with St Mirren. Right-back who had been on trial at Motherwell.

I think he can play right back and centre half, iv heard good things about him, there was a host of clubs after him at 1 point.

A few Partick Thistle fans on Twitter have been saying that we're looking at Kris Doolan.

Is he a striker? I'll be honest and say that's probably the last position needing filled right now. Where would he fit in with Thommo, Guy, Reilly and Parkin all already on the scoresheet this season?

Someone by the name of Callum is coming to the club within the week, not sure if it is a second name or a first name, the info was pretty inconclusive hence why I'm not giving it a new thred, but it was a very strong source. But whoever it is was at the match last night.

Done deal by the way I heard it. Hib's Callum Booth is a left back, but personally I hope it aint him.

Edited by Liason909

Someone by the name of Callum is coming to the club within the week, not sure if it is a second name or a first name, the info was pretty inconclusive hence why I'm not giving it a new thred, but it was a very strong source. But whoever it is was at the match last night.

Done deal by the way I heard it. Hib's Callum Booth is a left back, but personally I hope it aint him.

Callum Woods. Ex Dumfermline left for Huddersfield last year, possibly isnt getting a game. Played left and right back,

oh you tease..