Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts


I think Mulgrew would still be okay at this level. Adequate cover for Shaughnessy/McCarthy but not sure he would be keen on sitting on the bench unless we intend on changing shape. Definitely don't think he's got the legs to be a midfielder anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RossCSmfc said:

I think Mulgrew would still be okay at this level. Adequate cover for Shaughnessy/McCarthy but not sure he would be keen on sitting on the bench unless we intend on changing shape. Definitely don't think he's got the legs to be a midfielder anymore.

He'd be able to fit in at Left back as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He'd be able to fit in at Left back as well.

That would be ideal. Lack of pace is always a fear for me in the full back positions but Tait and Fraser have been fine. Some left foot for set pieces too.

Do you think there’s a chance of this one going through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

That would be ideal. Lack of pace is always a fear for me in the full back positions but Tait and Fraser have been fine. Some left foot for set pieces too.

Do you think there’s a chance of this one going through?

No idea, I hadn't heard a thing until @billyghad mentioned he'd heard a rumour of it over on P&B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

That would be ideal. Lack of pace is always a fear for me in the full back positions but Tait and Fraser have been fine. Some left foot for set pieces too.

Do you think there’s a chance of this one going through?

Tait has been skinned a few times by some of the quicker players.

If we were looking for cover on the left, then I'd be looking for someone with a bit of speed to counter opposition forwards with a bit of pace.

If we are looking at Mulgrew, then it's a strange one, unless someone is leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If we are looking at Mulgrew, then it's a strange one, unless someone is leaving.

Was about to say that if someone comes in at CH then I think Foley will almost certainly be away. Understandable that we'd hang onto him until a replacement is in the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Was about to say that if someone comes in at CH then I think Foley will almost certainly be away. Understandable that we'd hang onto him until a replacement is in the door.

I rather keep Foley if the alternative was Mulgrew. Especially given I’d expect Mulgrew to come at a significantly higher cost. 
I rate Foley at centre back.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Quietest speculation thread for many a Window.

Is this a sign that we think all our business has been done?

I think that’ll be it unless anyone else leaves unexpectedly. 

Did JG not say he was looking for defensive cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Quietest speculation thread for many a Window.

Is this a sign that we think all our business has been done?

I think that’ll be it unless anyone else leaves unexpectedly. 

Oh for the glory days when we shipped 12 out and 12 in! 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...