Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 minutes ago, mattman said:

James Scott coming to us according to Hull fans on Twitter, always caused us problems anytime he played against us, good signing and young. Rumoured as a permanent deal, good bit of business that. 

Young, only 20, so plenty of potential.

Hasn't scored many goals.

Not a criticism, just looking at his record. 

image.thumb.png.f6190c67eccd55abfdf32f036b2e3e7a.png

15 minutes ago, mattman said:

James Scott coming to us according to Hull fans on Twitter, always caused us problems anytime he played against us, good signing and young. Rumoured as a permanent deal, good bit of business that. 

Signing players that always score against us when in opposition.

That usually works out well for us........................................:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

If true will he come at a cost? Perhaps McGrath is on his way out giving us money to spend

According to the link below they’re looking to free up space in their squad although their manager recently came out saying the boy has bags of potential and would like to keep him…

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-transfers-james-scott-5731423.amp

2 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

If true will he come at a cost? Perhaps McGrath is on his way out giving us money to spend

The level Hull operate at, I imagine it's more he's just not quite there for them. If they wanted to keep him, St Mirren wouldn't have a chance of a permanent transfer. 

Time will tell I suppose, might be a counter balance for McGrath but would still be disappointed if he doesn't go for considerably more than the last offer. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Has he? 

Scott must be the player that JG was talking about last week, when he said this:

JG on STV, saying that we're in for an attacking wide player, who would be a loan, but he would like to make it permanent. It's 50/50 at the moment. Not far enough down the line to say it's happening. He's a player he's been a big admirer of for a number of years.

10 minutes ago, div said:

Find the Scott rumour a bit hard to swallow to be honest but I’ll be delighted if we get him!

It's in the local Hull rag be a bit of a coup if it was to come off but no doubt now it's out there he will go elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Ethan said:

How come.? To be honest there has been rumours about Kennedy, Jones, Middleton etc. What makes this different to swallow.?

Just find it hard to believe that Hull would write off £1m on a player they bought just 18 months ago.

The source article is quite confusing as it says they're ready to move him on then quotes the manager as saying he doesn't want him to go.

Also find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be bigger clubs up here after him.

And finally unless we are planning to play him as a winger I can't see how he fits in.

Time will tell but I'll be very surprised if we see James Scott with the scarf aloft!

1 minute ago, div said:

Just find it hard to believe that Hull would write off £1m on a player they bought just 18 months ago.

The source article is quite confusing as it says they're ready to move him on then quotes the manager as saying he doesn't want him to go.

Also find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be bigger clubs up here after him.

And finally unless we are planning to play him as a winger I can't see how he fits in.

Time will tell but I'll be very surprised if we see James Scott with the scarf aloft!

Could we offer Erwin as a swap .?  🤔

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Could we offer Erwin as a swap .?  🤔

I think Erwin has something to offer. I see him and Main competing for a start whilst Dennis and Brophy fight it out for the other striking berth. He's looked sharper in the times he's played so far this season IMO.

Good to have players competing for jerseys, nobody should be garanteed a start.

16 minutes ago, div said:

I think Erwin has something to offer. I see him and Main competing for a start whilst Dennis and Brophy fight it out for the other striking berth. He's looked sharper in the times he's played so far this season IMO.

Good to have players competing for jerseys, nobody should be garanteed a start.

Sorry , can’t see it .
Brophy will be first choice with either Main or Dennis as partner depending on the opposition. 
IMO ,Erwin has had a season to find his scoring boots, and a couple of pre season goals against lower opposition doesn’t do it for me 👎

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sorry , can’t see it .
Brophy will be first choice with either Main or Dennis as partner depending on the opposition. 
IMO ,Erwin has had a season to find his scoring boots, and a couple of pre season goals against lower opposition doesn’t do it for me 👎

I don't think Main or Erwin are going to score bundles of goals but they are the sort of foil that a Brophy or a Dennis needs IMO. You saw that with the first goal we scored on Saturday, perfect example of two strikers working well together.

Dennis is probably the most natural finisher we have (other than McGrath who seems to have ice in his veins when he's in front of goal) but Brophy is also well capable of scoring a few if he gets enough of the ball.

I do like Erwin, feel he's just one of those players that the fans just don't take to for whatever reason.