Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts

The other little matter with McAllister is that when he came back to Saints, he had to be well managed in terms of the amount of time on the park.

We did that well, but I think there might be a slight lingering feeling that you might not get a full 90 minutes a game for a full season out of him. I like him as a player and when in full flow he is a handful with a good shot and a great dead ball speciality.

If push comes to shove, I would keep him and see if you can get a good season out of him around the No. 10 positioning as said above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

The other little matter with McAllister is that when he came back to Saints, he had to be well managed in terms of the amount of time on the park.

We did that well, but I think there might be a slight lingering feeling that you might not get a full 90 minutes a game for a full season out of him. I like him as a player and when in full flow he is a handful with a good shot and a great dead ball speciality.

If push comes to shove, I would keep him and see if you can get a good season out of him around the No. 10 positioning as said above.

Agree with the  number 10 role. 

He doesn't have the legs for the position he started his career out in. He can pick a pass and has a great shot as you say. If McGrath was to leave McAllister could find more game time if there is not another replacement internally or inbound to fill that role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, God of war said:

McGrath scores lots penalties and chips in with few other goals. Dissappears for ling periods in games and can be non existent at times. Wouldn't be as big a loss as people think. If Erwin had taken all penalties last year folk would think same of him.

If we did lose McGrath who would you recommend we sign to replace him?

Just admit it you honestly have no clue about football at all. You cannot tell us any players you have scouted.

PS - Erwin would have missed all his penalties.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



If we did lose McGrath who would you recommend we sign to replace him?
Just admit it you honestly have no clue about football at all. You cannot tell us any players you have scouted.
PS - Erwin would have missed all his penalties.


No, I don't think Erwin is English. :whistle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Don't shoot the messenger.

Apologies. Wasn't referring to you :)

English clubs, eh? Spend a fortune on English League players but want players from Scotland for peanuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies. Wasn't referring to you
English clubs, eh? Spend a fortune on English League players but want players from Scotland for peanuts.
Hopefully the club have told both sets of chancers to f**k off.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mattman said:

McCarthy 200k are they aff their nut? If that’s what we’re valuing our key players then we’d be better off just chucking it the noo!

AB9936BD-D2EB-4DD4-99E1-69873248AF26.jpeg

Looks like figures plucked from sky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McCarthy 200k are they aff their nut? If that’s what we’re valuing our key players then we’d be better off just chucking it the noo!
AB9936BD-D2EB-4DD4-99E1-69873248AF26.thumb.jpeg.234184edf8bea66de6f74af81f461d18.jpeg
Who said the club is valuing them at these figures? They seem made up to me.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Who said the club is valuing them at these figures? They seem made up to me.

The way it’s been worded “up for grabs for 200k” makes it seem that way, also grieve is pretty much spot on with st mirren related stuff. I’d hope the club aren’t that daft, IMO I think he’ll go further than McGrath in his career. 

Edited by mattman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Who said the club is valuing them at these figures? They seem made up to me.

I would say they're probably quite close to what we would accept. Both out of contract next year , McCarthy IMO unlikely to be a starter in every game. If we could get to a million for the pair I would go with that !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Tbh I think McCarthy is the better player. 
 

Both quality player imo. If we get close to a million for both then it makes good business for the club. We then re-invest the cash on better quality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

 

 

Would be looking for double whats been offered and a decent sell on . Won't be surprised if a team comes in for both . I think we have to let players go if the right bid comes as that encourages others to sign , knowing that they won't be held back if a decent bid comes. Must be others in Ireland keeping an eye on Mccarthy and McGrath,s progress thinking they might fancy a spell at Saints .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

200k so much for our vice chairman saying the days of losing players on the cheap are gone. What a joke 200k - you wouldn’t get a decent centre half for 200k anywhere else. 

Speculation. We have had no official comment from the club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, mattman said:

The way it’s been worded “up for grabs for 200k” makes it seem that way, also grieve is pretty much spot on with st mirren related stuff. I’d hope the club aren’t that daft, IMO I think he’ll go further than McGrath in his career. 

Why would that sort of info be made available to a reporter. Surely its just a ball park figure plucked from a guestimation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, norrie82 said:

200k so much for our vice chairman saying the days of losing players on the cheap are gone. What a joke 200k - you wouldn’t get a decent centre half for 200k anywhere else. 

There is no direct quote from anyone connected to the club and if there was i wouldnt expect them A. to use a phrase such as up for grabs B. Make it public knowledge as we then maximise what we can get as no one would go beyond that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

There is no direct quote from anyone connected to the club and if there was i wouldnt expect them A. to use a phrase such as up for grabs B. Make it public knowledge as we then maximise what we can get as no one would go beyond that. 

But Grieve is a St Mirren fan and is usually close to the truth when it involves players coming or going !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...