Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

And we are in fact a two bob outfit 

Two bob outfits don't attract bids from several clubs that could potentially make profits of £500K + on players scouted then signed for peanuts.:wink:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Doakes said:

If Robert Grieve has quoted the figure of 200k, that figure has came from someone at the club. Perhaps McCarthy has asked the club to consider offers?

Here's someone actually from the club .

Quote

Goodwin stressed that St Mirren's valuation of McGrath was short of £1m and that they were "quite realistic about the situation".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

Didn’t that same person from the club say last season we where not selling Magennis, then like 2 days later Magennis was sold ? 

Yes.

I suppose it's possible that manager knows less about the club's valuation of a player than someone who leaked the info to a journalist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Yes.

I suppose it's possible that manager knows less about the club's valuation of a player than someone who leaked the info to a journalist.

Maybe Goodwin is correct and others at the club have been selling the players at car boot sales.

He is 100% correct on his comments on our previous history of not cashing in on our players appropriately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Two bob outfits don't attract bids from several clubs that could potentially make profits of £500K + on players scouted then signed for peanuts.:wink:

 

"the days of St.mirren selling players for 100 or 200k are over" quote from Vice Chairman Gillespie  prior to Hamilton away in Scottish cup in April. Now in August it seems that we will sell a top centre half for just that. Sorry mate but I am not convinced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Maybe Goodwin is correct and others at the club have been selling the players at car boot sales.

He is 100% correct on his comments on our previous history of not cashing in on our players appropriately. 

It's been a mixed bag IMO.

Goodwin cites McGinn as an example. I'm incredibly grateful in this case that we opted for a huge sell on percentage as opposed to a bigger fee. Given the huge amount money that has been generated, WGAF what the transfer fee was?

McLean went for less than he should have, but wasn't there some agreement that if he signed an extension he could leave if a club matched a certain, albeit on the face of it a very low sum IMO?

I thought we did well out of McAllister, given his injury problems.

Might have wanted a wee bit more for Morgan, but he was into the last six months of his contract.

I also thought we did well with O'Brien and MacNamee, given their eventual career trajectories.

I'm not going to bother delving into 80's transfers as that's ancient history.:whistle

Feel free to point out any others that I've neglected to mention due to old age.:)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, elvis said:

I don't think there is one person on here  other than yourself who knows we are going to be selling players dirt cheap .Take it you are in the know ?.

Think we are doing a good job of highlighting the fact that the players are available at the right price . Just need a few more teams interested to get the right price up .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

It's been a mixed bag IMO.

Goodwin cites McGinn as an example. I'm incredibly grateful in this case that we opted for a huge sell on percentage as opposed to a bigger fee. Given the huge amount money that has been generated, WGAF what the transfer fee was?

McLean went for less than he should have, but wasn't there some agreement that if he signed an extension he could leave if a club matched a certain, albeit on the face of it a very low sum IMO?

I thought we did well out of McAllister, given his injury problems.

Might have wanted a wee bit more for Morgan, but he was into the last six months of his contract.

I also thought we did well with O'Brien and MacNamee, given their eventual career trajectories.

I'm not going to bother delving into 80's transfers as that's ancient history.:whistle

Feel free to point out any others that I've neglected to mention due to old age.:)

 

If Saints get anything over half a million for McGrath bite somebody's hand off for it. Erhahon anything over two hundred and fifty thousand and same for McCarthy...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Clydebanksaint said:

I reckon McGrath will go for 500k plus add ons. Ethan not leaving in this window. McCarthy will go for around 300k plus add ons. That is still on the low side as I personally think he will go on to bigger and better things than McGrath. 

I think that's how it will pan out . No hurry to sell Ethan , his time will come . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ethan said:

The boy Reid will eclipse them all when he is eventually sold. The club is on a strong footing and it is important we keep churning out talent

Wish we could churn out a center  forward 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To play the two of them in same team would be the most negative set up ever...
Of course it would and manager admitted that more than once he sent team out to "not to lose rather than win", including by looks of it our 3 massive games last season.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...