Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Richie Brittain was/is not good enough for the buds !

I disagree on the "is" part. I don't know what happened at Ross County, maybe its regular games, the responsibility of being club captain, maturity or not having Gus MacPherson as a manager any more but he's twice the player he was when he left. At least as good as Robertson and if we didn't have guys like John McGinn breaking through I'd sign him up without hesitation.

Give my latest rumours

McLean sold already just sorting details, maybe chance get to keep him on loan for smaller fee

Everyone knows about dom and magpies loan so will try to highlight others

Asked if can't get to keep McLean about mcginn coming back on loan but his club would lime him to go out but only for month or two so 50+50

Squad will also be thing with few fringe players going jags want Barton but if this does happen won't be till later in windows due to up coming supensions

Imrie wants out as feels targeted to much, is very thick skinned but doesn't help team when picked on by fanz

Teale considering offer of coaching job but trying to work out if can still stay as part time job

Also both parking and Carey want more game time

Also don't be surprised if smith gets deal till end of season or at least extended on monthly basis as not sure about mind set of Adam after death of father and smith wages same as Airdrie paying for adam

I'm quite late seeing this, but the bit in bold really depresses me.

If true that one of our players wants out because of the behaviour of some of our 'fans', they should be very ashamed.

I disagree on the "is" part. I don't know what happened at Ross County, maybe its regular games, the responsibility of being club captain, maturity or not having Gus MacPherson as a manager any more but he's twice the player he was when he left. At least as good as Robertson and if we didn't have guys like John McGinn breaking through I'd sign him up without hesitation.

Yes Ross but that is the difference with us now

We have fantastic talent coming throu

A direct result of our training facilities and solid management team

Sorry but i have to mention this regarding Gus

Didnt he "get rid" of Kenny McLean and DL had to buy him back

(bringing up and old debate but i couldnt resist)

Imrie wants out as feels targeted to much, is very thick skinned but doesn't help team when picked on by fanz

I've heard this at the stadium before and I totally agree with the comments below:-

I'm quite late seeing this, but the bit in bold really depresses me.

If true that one of our players wants out because of the behaviour of some of our 'fans', they should be very ashamed.

Sorry but i have to mention this regarding Gus

Didnt he "get rid" of Kenny McLean and DL had to buy him back

(bringing up and old debate but i couldnt resist)

No he didn't get rid of Mclean.

McLean came to us after that team that ceased last summer to exist, let him go.

However, there is evidence to suggest that our former manager told McLean that he would never play for the first team,or words to that effect.

Since then, after being given the chance by our current management team, McLean has flourished and become our most saleable asset for many a year.

No he didn't get rid of Mclean.

McLean came to us after that team that ceased last summer to exist, let him go.

However, there is evidence to suggest that our former manager told McLean that he would never play for the first team,or words to that effect.

Since then, after being given the chance by our current management team, McLean has flourished and become our most saleable asset for many a year.

You may be right,i just thought gus actually let Kenny go on a free and DL picked him back up again as a free agent

but ill bow to your better memory than me

I wouldn't have given Brittain a second thought to be honest. He wasn't very good for us, but he was quite young at the time and he was playing in a shitfest team anyway, and possibly out of position too? I have no idea where he is best deployed and frankly I have no real interest as he isn't our player and probably never will be again anyway.

Good luck to him anyway, he managed to resurrect his career with Ross County after being poor for us and is still going to be an SPL player next season.

He was Livingstons captain in the SPL the season they went down and we came up. Maybe it was just us he was pish for? Who cares?

Having seen him at a recent hospitality game where he came in after game he couldn't look anyone in the eye and looked really uncomfortable I think this could be true, he is one of those players who is very easy to dislike and we did like all other teams. He is one of us now so maybe some need to give it a rest and support the lad, personally I thought when he came on against Kilmarnock he turned the game.

Much the same at Tannadice. Even when was being cheered as he walked past the support he looked at the ground. Assuming it's the home games that get to him as I didn't hear a word against him. Much better if we never started it (I assume he's been given a lot of stick) instead of needing to give a rest.

from an interview of a young striker

odd how things go sometimes

over the course of the season I got my chance and approachig the winterstop I played every game in the base. The president came to me and told me I could get a contract. My agent had to contact him in order to discuss all the details and then I could sign. What I have understood is that that unfortunately never happened, my agent was unreachable. Consequence was, after I broke my metatarsal, i had no contract and I could return to England. I have rehabilitated the fracture in my foot and I later went looking for a new club, but that was only in October. Now I'm working on a club in Scotland, I cannot elaborate too far on that now.

Edited by grunniger

Much the same at Tannadice. Even when was being cheered as he walked past the support he looked at the ground. Assuming it's the home games that get to him as I didn't hear a word against him. Much better if we never started it (I assume he's been given a lot of stick) instead of needing to give a rest.

Personally I like Imrie - he has many attributes and was far too good to be in the first division - I dislike negative fans shouting stuff at any of our players.

BUT - I think DI is disappointed with his own form in general and has not played as well as we'd hoped. Maybe he has reached his peak maye there is far more to come from Mr Imrie - I'd like to see him stay and show us what he can do.

I'm afraid the stick comes with the territory though

Personally I like Imrie - he has many attributes and was far too good to be in the first division - I dislike negative fans shouting stuff at any of our players.

BUT - I think DI is disappointed with his own form in general and has not played as well as we'd hoped. Maybe he has reached his peak maye there is far more to come from Mr Imrie - I'd like to see him stay and show us what he can do.

I'm afraid the stick comes with the territory though

I've head Imrie doesnae be able to get his head round Danny's footballing philosophy. Can't really take instruction. May be being moved on in the near future.

I've head Imrie doesnae be able to get his head round Danny's footballing philosophy. Can't really take instruction. May be being moved on in the near future.

Danny's footballing philosophy ?

If they score a goal then we'll score one too , and if they score a goal then we'll score another one and if ....................... As per only an excuse !

Heard we are talking to a proven goal scorer about coming to us in the summer. Early days but it is a name that would surprise a few on here.

Here is hoping it comes true than. Not been totally happy with Parkin and guy. Parkin is ok squad player, but guys recent form reminds me of kean and has a first touch that is the same! I don't think either have really taken the pressure of Thompson. If cant get dummett back on loan or can't sign perminantly in the summer or something then I would also like a left back on a 20 year deal as it gets annoying always having to look for a left back every season!