Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'm getting impatient (and I know is shouldn't), but I really want us to address sooner rather than later the real lack of pace. This would make me feel easier with how things are as it's is really really missing.

You can see JG wanted to address it as he was wanting o'halloran during the summer, who has pace. This was after the likes of Connolly was going as I'm sure he was looking for higher wage and more game time from down south. Guess players with Pace, especially with a lot of teams now adopting some for of this 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 type stuff are looking for fast players to play wide.

If Kennedy was fit, did he have pace?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Kennedey has been unfit for so long no-one remembers if he had pace.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Allan Stubbs made Jim Goodwin as his reject got Alloa promoted...funny ole game 

Total disgrace what happened with Ross Stewart, and I don't just blame Allan Stubbs what about the other football people at the club who would see him every day he should never have been allowed to leave so early 

Anyone with half a brain could see he had potential,  I certainly could on the few occasions he got on the park,  it's no surprise to me he's doing so well 

Kennedey has been unfit for so long no-one remembers if he had pace.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's how I feel. I can't remember. If he was fit I think he could do a turn for us. Sadly if he was fit he would be in the Aberdeen team.
Do we have a decent physio? I ask as Dunne hasn't been out as much as I thought he might after he signed from Motherwell.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Total disgrace what happened with Ross Stewart, and I don't just blame Allan Stubbs what about the other football people at the club who would see him every day he should never have been allowed to leave so early 

Anyone with half a brain could see he had potential,  I certainly could on the few occasions he got on the park,  it's no surprise to me he's doing so well 

I thought he was a bit of a haddie.

Said no-one ever - except Stubbs.

20 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Yip totally agree, any time he made an appearance the amount of abuse the lad took from sections of the west stand was unreal, we got exactly what we deserved.... Anyway well done too the lad..

3 hours ago, Helmettroll said:

Yip totally agree, any time he made an appearance the amount of abuse the lad took from sections of the west stand was unreal, we got exactly what we deserved.... Anyway well done too the lad..

Probably the same clowns who jeered Billy Stark who went on to win 2 league titles and 4 Scottish cups,  while roaring their delight when John Young made a crunching tackle then kicked the ball out the park down Caledonia St  :clapping

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Probably the same clowns who jeered Billy Stark who went on to win 2 league titles and 4 Scottish cups,  while roaring their delight when John Young made a crunching tackle then kicked the ball out the park down Caledonia St  :clapping

Loved both. Makes me half a 🤡 Both played a part in Saints finest era.

19 minutes ago, elvis said:

Am I right in saying every team in the bottom six apart from us have made a few signings. looking grim for us

Making signing doesn't mean you have a better team, but you know that.

I can't think of any player that a bottom 6 team had signed and wish we had him, can you ?

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Making signing doesn't mean you have a better team, but you know that.

I can't think of any player that a bottom 6 team had signed and wish we had him, can you ?

I don’t think we can judge most of their new arrivals yet, but I’d have Cifti any day of the week.   The big issue is we have been absolutely gash and don’t seem to be making any real inroads into changing that. 

Goody’s update does not fill me with hope ,

Squads too big, fringe players are free to go if clubs meet our valuation ( 😂)  January window is always tough and we have a small budget .  
I hope I’m wrong but is that code for “f**k all is gonna happen ?” 

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I don’t think we can judge most of their new arrivals yet, but I’d have Cifti any day of the week.   The big issue is we have been absolutely gash and don’t seem to be making any real inroads into changing that. 

Goody’s update does not fill me with hope ,

Squads too big, fringe players are free to go if clubs meet our valuation ( 😂)  January window is always tough and we have a small budget .  
I hope I’m wrong but is that code for “f**k all is gonna happen ?” 

The manager was given a budget to work with at the start of the season and he has wasted most of it on shite.

Goodwin says in his interview he thinks our current squad is good enough to be challenging for top 6 yet says we need pace in the team, our team is 1 dimensional and teams know how to play us.