Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Birkenhead are one of the clubs that we formed a strategic partnership with last year , I think this "trial" is just a nod to them to say we're keeping an eye on things !

Phone call probably along the lines of:"

Hi it's TF here from St.Mirren. 

Who?

St.Mirren. Scotland. Remember we formed a partnership?

Mmmm. Let me think. Oh yes I remember now. What can we do for you?

Look, I'll cut to the chase. We're skint and couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. You got anyone you could send our way that scores goals? He'll need to pay his own air fare mind you.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Ciftci at St Johnstone.

Fakes fans on P&B don't seem to be very impressed. 

His record in recent years is not great and the lack of playing time recently won't help his fitness. 

I know we need strikers, but glad he is at the Fakes rather than us. 

There an Amateur football team. f**k me only we would be looking at amateur players.

Well, underwhelmed is an understatement looking at this guys career. 

New Zealand striker Alex Grieve on trial.
Was NZ Northern National League MVP for 2021.
P&D standard IMO. Must have spotted him at The Racecourse.:rolleyes:

Is this because the professional strikers we seem to bring in seem to be shite at taking a man on and scoring, so we are looking to see if we can get this from amateurs?

The manager was given a budget to work with at the start of the season and he has wasted most of it on shite.
Goodwin says in his interview he thinks our current squad is good enough to be challenging for top 6 yet says we need pace in the team, our team is 1 dimensional and teams know how to play us.

100% right. I get it initially he thought with using the full budget at the start to get "quality" players in he thought the initial squad would change for top 6. I thought last season we changed shape depending on the opponent. Defensively we were alright and just needed to look at attack options. He has made us 1 dimensional with this system, which teams have found us out.
We also used to play it on the Deck more and out from the back last season, but not this season. Formation has changed, but at the back the only new player is Dunne. Surely we could still play out from the back as it worked before?

With using all his budget early on It has now left us hanging as we need people to leave to free up any cash. The fringe players have no stage to show any potential teams what they could do for them too. Erwin we need to leave to get someone in, but no f**ker sees what he can do. Only see at the warm up at most?! How are you supposed to get rid of that?

Got to say defence signings have been good. Jim can spot a good player there. Say same to an extent with midfield with Jamie and Ronan... But apart from Brophy his strikers have been sub par at best.

I keep doing this and ramble, but it's frustrating. I like Goodwin. I think the 3 at the back could work and can at times, but also need plan B, which we don't have and we need pace, creativity and goals. Or maybe if had creativity then that would lead to goals.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

His record in recent years is not great and the lack of playing time recently won't help his fitness. 

Not quite the whole truth.

Some, but, equally, some are ok with him. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Perhaps we should sell, sorry give them Erwin & Main and we will see what they make of that standard.

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Probably the same clowns who jeered Billy Stark who went on to win 2 league titles and 4 Scottish cups,  while roaring their delight when John Young made a crunching tackle then kicked the ball out the park down Caledonia St  :clapping

Your post is liked by a bullying abusive troll who has never supported St Mirren. He doesn't have a clue about Stark, Young or Stewart.

Ask the fake Saint from Arbroath about Fergies furies. Wee bawbag Toxic Titch doesn't know..

On 1/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ 1st post for 6 years, I'd take this with a MASSIVE pinch of salt.  :rolleyes:

Just saying. :lol:

Toxic Titch from Arbroath abusing, trolling and bullying a St Mirren fan once again. 

So what, if the Saints fan from Kilwinning had not posted for six years. Maybe he had a bigger water feature than the poisoned dwarf from Arbroath.

Severe wee man's syndrome

For a wee bit of perspective, every NZ player who made it big started out at clubs like Birkenhead. 

Chris Killen, Chris Wood, Winston Reid, Sarpreet Singh of Bayern Munich.

Bill Tuiloma actually went from Birkenhead to Marseille and made it into their first team in 2015. He now now plays MLS football week in week out for Portland.

f**king daft to suggest that we ought to write him off for being amateur. Almost every player who makes it to the full NZ national team goes this route of playing for a club until they are 18-22 and the best ones head for Europe. This lad has had that path delayed by a two year pandemic.

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

For a wee bit of perspective, every NZ player who made it big started out at clubs like Birkenhead. 

Chris Killen, Chris Wood, Winston Reid, Sarpreet Singh of Bayern Munich.

Bill Tuiloma actually went from Birkenhead to Marseille and made it into their first team in 2015. He now now plays MLS football week in week out for Portland.

f**king daft to suggest that we ought to write him off for being amateur. Almost every player who makes it to the full NZ national team goes this route of playing for a club until they are 18-22 and the best ones head for Europe. This lad has had that path delayed by a two year pandemic.

Aye, maybe, but elvis knows they are all fecking amateurs and this boy will be shite, based on never having seen him play.

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Could be the next Jamie Vardy? You will know if he is because we won’t sign him and he will be playing for Chelsea in 5 years time. 

Could be the next Marhez gets a 3 month trial gets nowhere near the first team then ends up at Man City for 50 million

I've took that to far that would never happen :lol:  oh wait :huh: