Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Personally I like Imrie - he has many attributes and was far too good to be in the first division - I dislike negative fans shouting stuff at any of our players.

BUT - I think DI is disappointed with his own form in general and has not played as well as we'd hoped. Maybe he has reached his peak maye there is far more to come from Mr Imrie - I'd like to see him stay and show us what he can do.

I'm afraid the stick comes with the territory though

Early on in the season he wasn't delivering, and rightfully wasn't getting picked. But since the Dundee game, when given the chance he has produced! He scored against Dundee and Inverness, and changed the game in our favour against Killie. Yet much of the criticism he is getting is because he is getting picked ahead of Carey, despite the positive impact he has been making.

In an ideal world would sell on McLean ,put half the proceeds in the bank then sign a couple of young prospects from the lower leagues for £50k each ,with maybe a sell on clause ,and use the balance of the proceeds to retain key players .

Its not likely that we would get a lump sum if we sold him. Most deals are done in installments now. Any wedge would just go into the running costs of the club.

Its not likely that we would get a lump sum if we sold him. Most deals are done in installments now. Any wedge would just go into the running costs of the club.

is that not why we have an "overdraft" facility at the bank so we can use the value of "incoming" monies?

is that not why we have an "overdraft" facility at the bank so we can use the value of "incoming" monies?

Pretty sure we don't have an overdraft facility and if we did it would be terrible business practice to plan to run into overdraft every season.

Edited by davidg

Selling young Kenny for anything like the reputed figure of 750k would go along way towards making our bank manager a rather happy chappy. We have a ready made replacement in young McGinn so onwards and upwards.

The potential is there for young McGinn to turn into a much better player than McLean. I think if somebody was to offer us 500k for McLean then our board would bite there hand off, there hasnt been any concrete bids in for McLean, i have a feeling he will still be with us after the transfer window closes.

The potential is there for young McGinn to turn into a much better player than McLean. I think if somebody was to offer us 500k for McLean then our board would bite there hand off, there hasnt been any concrete bids in for McLean, i have a feeling he will still be with us after the transfer window closes.

Agree with you about the fee, if we get a bid in the region of 500k then the club would have to accept that kind of wedge.

Plenty of reports stating it is looking like in the region of 750k for McLean and to a previous poster why wouldn't dl see much of it? We are debt free with a league cup semi final on the horizon which will surely cover most if not all of the difference without rangers

IMO dl will get a good amount of what is made on McLean to re invest in the squad be it wages or a small transfer fee for players people need to stop being so negative about our clubs financial position we are one of the best kept clubs in Scotland simple as that any extra money we make is intact that extra money