Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On 4/1/2022 at 10:26 AM, Sonny said:

I'd be shocked but delighted if we got any fee for Dunne. McCarthy is a better player more worth keeping.  I don't mind Dunne staying but he would either be left back for me in a back four or a backup central defender. I would not like to lose McCarthy.

Unfortunately I suspect he is off or would have signed a contract by now. 

Most his mates that lived about him have gone and I think he's up for his next club.

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

I make it 11 first team squad players out of contract in 2022 including both first team goalkeepers. We will have a big recruitment job to do. I begin to see why Robinson has started so early. https://www.transfermarkt.com/st-mirren-fc/kader/verein/465

Some of that is wrong. Brophy is signed up till 2024 and Lyness I believe has a year left.

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Keith Lasley is the rumour on twitter !

Now that would stir things up.

interesting that the two names being mentioned have or had a Motherwell connection and Motherwell being a Fan Owned club.

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

Now that would stir things up.

interesting that the two names being mentioned have or had a Motherwell connection and Motherwell being a Fan Owned club.

You missed out Lasley,s Paisley connection. 

9 hours ago, billyg said:

Keith Lasley is the rumour on twitter !

No no no ,we need someone vwith a University  degree in Business .

It's a business we have ,commercial deals need sorted out. Contracts/ Ticketing / staff / H&S / etc is where we need the experience 

This person has to run the club 24/ 7 

1 hour ago, pod said:

You missed out Lasley,s Paisley connection. 

Tens of thousands of people have a connection to Paisley and Renfrewshire.

Unfortunately, for St Mirren Football Club, they support the sectarian bigots from Glasgow.

20 minutes ago, shull said:

Tens of thousands of people have a connection to Paisley and Renfrewshire.

Unfortunately, for St Mirren Football Club, they support the sectarian bigots from Glasgow.

I believe Lasley comes from a St Mirren supporting family but not sure if he supported us growing up. That’s all immaterial to whether he has the experience and skill set do the job. It’s a big appointment for the club, so hopefully they get it right. 

Edited by Balmullo Bud

No no no ,we need someone vwith a University  degree in Business .
It's a business we have ,commercial deals need sorted out. Contracts/ Ticketing / staff / H&S / etc is where we need the experience 

This person has to run the club 24/ 7 

Lasley has a degree in business management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Lasley has a degree in business management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s good to know. Didn’t know about a Paisley connection. To be honest though that seems to upset as many as it pleases. The Hearts manager comes to mind.

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m not sure that he does,  I believe it was sports management or something like that ? 🤷‍♂️

I think he is in the process of gaining an MSc in a Sports Director type qualification at MMU. It would be helpful if the person coming in also had experience of a fan owned club. I guess that both of the candidates mentioned will have that unless Dempster left for Hibs before that happened.

Edited by Rascal

14 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Seems us, Fakes and Killie would like his services. The others might be able to potentially pay him more, but you think there is a link to Robo and his style of play he wants?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

He was at Motherwell in 2019. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reece_McAlear

13 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

So was there at the point Robo was there maybe knows the style of play that Robo keeps going on about that he can pick up easy that our current players can't seem to. emoji1787.png

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

That is the inference

56 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Aberdeen supporting pal saying that the Dons are offering £200k for Dunne. Interesting, if true of course. 

Take it and offer Conner a decent three year deal. He will become an Irish international and in a year's time we can get 3 times that for him at least.