Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts


Quite possibly someone who can fit in where Jordan Jones did. Also SR rates. As for Greive, he must be horrible to play against runs all day, doesn't seem to be bothered about being kicked for 90 mins AND can be in right place right time like against Dundee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

One very good season from the last seven. 

The other six, mince. 

Aye, who knows but not a signing to get he juices flowing IMO. 

In saying that I was equally unimpressed by Greive who has shown some potential. 

36 games (20 starts) and 6 goals for Morecambe from what looks like playing as a wide man most of the season - according to transfermarkt - isn't all that mince TBH. I mean not prolific or anything, but not quite rubbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

36 games (20 starts) and 6 goals for Morecambe from what looks like playing as a wide man most of the season - according to transfermarkt - isn't all that mince TBH. I mean not prolific or anything, but not quite rubbish.

If he crosses as well as Charlie Adams from a wide position Grieve will be on 20 goals next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

36 games (20 starts) and 6 goals for Morecambe from what looks like playing as a wide man most of the season - according to transfermarkt - isn't all that mince TBH. I mean not prolific or anything, but not quite rubbish.

He was put up for transfer, Morecambe couldn't have been all that impressed.

Oh, the season before, 30 games, 2 goals.

Anyhow, it's what he does for us that matters but the club won't be selling lots of strips with his name on them before the start of the season. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He was put up for transfer, Morecambe couldn't have been all that impressed.

Oh, the season before, 30 games, 2 goals.

Anyhow, it's what he does for us that matters but the club won't be selling lots of strips with his name on them before the start of the season. 

 

 

I'm not disagreeing too much but he contributed more in way of goals and assists playing in a wide role for his side than someone like Jordan Jones did for ours. 

Edited by djchapsticks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not disagreeing too much but he contributed more in way of goals and assists playing in a wide role for his side than someone like Jordan Jones did for ours. 

Yeah I agree its unfair to label a player rubbish due to his small goals return, when it seems he has been playing out wide most of his career.

He's been labelled a wide player/striker, though seems to have played the majority if not the latter part of his career 'out wide'. Jay Henderson has 2 goals from playing in a wide position, doesn't make him a bad player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Quite possibly someone who can fit in where Jordan Jones did. Also SR rates. As for Greive, he must be horrible to play against runs all day, doesn't seem to be bothered about being kicked for 90 mins AND can be in right place right time like against Dundee.

What ?  Hiding In Games , over hitting crosses & generally being a massive disappointment ?

I hope not 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

What ?  Hiding In Games , over hitting crosses & generally being a massive disappointment ?

I hope not 😉

And who was on his arse more than on the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Auyunga was playing regularly until Robinson left.

So Robinson rated him but the new manager didn’t.

And looks like it’s Dylan Connolly who has been keeping him out the side.

Interesting comments re the number of goals Auyunga has scored despite playing wide.

Mo Salah plays wide. Mane has been a wide player during most of his time at Liverpool. Mahrez is a wide player!

Anyway, 6 goals in 20 starts for a side fighting relegation is actually not too bad. It’s a league with some clubs that dwarf most of the Scottish top flight.

17 goals a couple of seasons ago says he’s got some potential.

If he’d had 6 good seasons out of 6 - like the faraway fool wants - then he wouldn’t be joining St Mirren! :1eye 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What ?  Hiding In Games , over hitting crosses & generally being a massive disappointment ?
I hope not
He annoys me. Apparently got loads of pace, but never see him use it. You would hope he could play on 4he shoulder and look for a through ball to blast past, but instead I have seen him stand and wait to get the ball, stop it dead to try take his man on, when he can't as everyone and their granny knows he is looking to cut in on his right. One of the most frustrating players to wear a saints top.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Callum Hendry scored again for the Saintees last night, he's been excellent for them since coming back from his loan at Killie. He's 24 and out of contract in the summer, definitely one i think we should be offering a deal too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I see Callum Hendry scored again for the Saintees last night, he's been excellent for them since coming back from his loan at Killie. He's 24 and out of contract in the summer, definitely one i think we should be offering a deal too. 

Without a doubt. He's probably one I'd be making a priority. Within our scope, a good footballer at this level and has improved over the last 18 months or so even with the loans out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

I see Callum Hendry scored again for the Saintees last night, he's been excellent for them since coming back from his loan at Killie. He's 24 and out of contract in the summer, definitely one i think we should be offering a deal too. 

I share your view on this. He would be an asset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would get very excited if we were able to announce the permanent signing of Gogic.
I fear now he has suggested he would stay in Scotland that Aberdeen go in for him . It would annoy me as us as fans would appreciate him and what he does, while dons fans are up their own arses.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I would get very excited if we were able to announce the permanent signing of Gogic.
I fear now he has suggested he would stay in Scotland that Aberdeen go in for him . It would annoy me as us as fans would appreciate him and what he does, while dons fans are up their own arses.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk
 

Though he seems to be enjoying himself with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Without a doubt. He's probably one I'd be making a priority. Within our scope, a good footballer at this level and has improved over the last 18 months or so even with the loans out.

Agree a release deal with Brophy and sign Hendry. Eamon had lots of potential but again I suspect it will be another injury hit season where h doesn't get out the blocks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, exiledfan said:

Agree a release deal with Brophy and sign Hendry. Eamon had lots of potential but again I suspect it will be another injury hit season where h doesn't get out the blocks.

I got to agree with you on that one not only on the injury sense but he isn't the best team player. Whereas Main and Grieve are and would appear to fit in with SR's way of playing. In saying that it is up to Brophy to impress SR and get in the team regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We need options so I would keep Brophy. I think we need a striker with genuine pace to come in to add to those options

Is a striker that has scored 8 goals for us in his time here really an option we need? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...