Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

23 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Having forwards and having forwards who scan score are not the same thing,  we are creating chances , we are having attempts at goal , 25 shots in league , 7 on target - 1 goal . 

And thwarted by one goalkeeper in amazing form (Motherwell)

On 8/9/2022 at 9:45 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Although that form had disappeared by the next game 

May well be true but take nothing away from their keeper on the day. He was the difference between the two teams that day.

From watching yesterday I'm not sure what else we need to help add to the squad. Before I still thought we needed a Gogic type and a more creative type like Ronan. From yesterday I thought Erhahon, Baccus and Kiltie played really well (though looked f**ked like anyone would in that heat playing at that tempo). I'm now thinking, even if it's the loan market, maybe cover for both wing backs who can get up and down all day at that tempo would be good. Tanser is good and a great option on his day, but is injured a fair bit. Tait did well yesterday and his goal was great, but he is seen as backup on both sides. With Tanser out and him in, we are light there with players.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

From watching yesterday I'm not sure what else we need to help add to the squad. Before I still thought we needed a Gogic type and a more creative type like Ronan. From yesterday I thought Erhahon, Baccus and Kiltie played really well (though looked f**ked like anyone would in that heat playing at that tempo). I'm now thinking, even if it's the loan market, maybe cover for both wing backs who can get up and down all day at that tempo would be good. Tanser is good and a great option on his day, but is injured a fair bit. Tait did well yesterday and his goal was great, but he is seen as backup on both sides. With Tanser out and him in, we are light there with players.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Tanser far too injury prone, maybe JG thought his training regime would have been able to help. Maybe this is why the fakes were glad to get him off their books. Anyway as for Tait, it wouldn't surprise me if he knows he is now a backup player as he is into his 30s now. Not a bad type of players to have as back up as in gives 100% every game. Certainly puts some of the younger ones to shame..................

31 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Tanser far too injury prone, maybe JG thought his training regime would have been able to help. Maybe this is why the fakes were glad to get him off their books. Anyway as for Tait, it wouldn't surprise me if he knows he is now a backup player as he is into his 30s now. Not a bad type of players to have as back up as in gives 100% every game. Certainly puts some of the younger ones to shame..................

Tanser was never really injured at St.Johnstone.

His injury problems seem to have developed with us.

We do need to bring in a LB/LWB.

With Fraser filling in for Gallagher yesterday, we had no real cover for Strain either.

57 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Tanser was never really injured at St.Johnstone.

His injury problems seem to have developed with us.

We do need to bring in a LB/LWB.

With Fraser filling in for Gallagher yesterday, we had no real cover for Strain either.

As other post thanks for clearing that one 👍

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

extremely honest article on Scott Allan.  Definitely worth a punt on a shorrt term contract

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62543432?fbclid=IwAR1__9Be_72DOhTMcyUtYhTQqrtjvqLIWduBr7570YsEQJSMKwevuTvB-Vo

I agree. As long as the experts say his medical condition wouldn't be adversely impacted by him playing.

6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I agree. As long as the experts say his medical condition wouldn't be adversely impacted by him playing.

Erickson got a lift after Brentford gave him a similar chance.

(Brentford have backers with big wallets, but….)

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Erickson got a lift after Brentford gave him a similar chance.

(Brentford have backers with big wallets, but….)

Tough all round. Allan is a class player but takes time to get fully match fit by his own admission. The question of his heart condition might be making getting insurance cover for him either difficult or very expensive, if not both.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:32 PM, beyond our ken said:

extremely honest article on Scott Allan.  Definitely worth a punt on a shorrt term contract

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62543432?fbclid=IwAR1__9Be_72DOhTMcyUtYhTQqrtjvqLIWduBr7570YsEQJSMKwevuTvB-Vo

Ship has sailed, into Arbroath harbour.

Apologies for posting this twice, thought it would reach more people in this section of the forum. 

May be an image of 1 person and text

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies for posting this twice, thought it would reach more people in this section of the forum. 

Glad he's found a club- far too talented to be without one.

Hope he does well for them.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This is a surprise, a player who, no disrespect, better than the championship.

Watched the Arbroath story with interest last season and maybe a player like this could take them that step further this season?