Top 5 Football Films

northbankboi

Another one missed was the Scottish one I recently managed to catch during my frequent bouts of insomnia.... The Cup

A plethora of stars in cameo roles.

I assume you mean "A Shot at Glory" featuring such stars as Paul McKnight. Ally McCoist punching Ian McCall in the coupon made it worthwhile :lol:

My list:

1. Escape to Victory

2. There's Only One Jimmy Grimble

3. When Saturday Comes

4. Bend It Like Beckham - if only because it sparked my keen interest in the, ahem, acting talents of Keira Knightley :wub:

5. Mean Machine - some of it was quite funny.

Will try to see the Damned United after I've read the book. There's also a documentary-style film called Once in a Lifetime about American football in the 1970s I'd quite like to see.

Green Street..... Football Violence.

To be fair, most footy films are very poor; or in the words of Sandman "Wanky Pish"

I quite like Green Street, but The Firm is far better..................

Jim McDonald from Corrie, Benny from Grange Hill, Drunk Phil from Eastenders when thin and sober and Mickey Pearce from Only Fools and Horses to name a few..................

Gave us some of the great lines still in use in the English tongue, 'You want your spanking now?', 'Ethnic bonding ritual' and 'Can I speak to the poof with the blonde hair?'......................

2nd best film ever to the wonderful 'Repoman'...........................

I assume you mean "A Shot at Glory" featuring such stars as Paul McKnight. Ally McCoist punching Ian McCall in the coupon made it worthwhile :lol:

e like to see.

Naw Stu, it was definetely called 'The Cup'

About 2 highland village Pubs playing each other to see which would stay open. David Beckham played a cameo in it, and Neil Morrissy was the star of one of the team's