Top 5 Sports Legends.....

St. Sid

1. Valentino Rossi - Motorbike Racing (c**t of a dull sport that the smiley madman brings to life - most bikers are slightly unhinged but the wee doctor appears to have found a new plateau)

2. Roberto Durán - sugar ray leonard was a fanny compared to this madman of a boxer

3. Zinedine Zidane - 110% maniac and utter genius (cantona a fanny by comparison)

4. Jose Luis Chilavert - talented, skillful and aff his heid - genuine genius

5. Billy Abercromby - still reeling over his excellent book. It reminded me of an old movie about a hitman that whilst slightly uncomfortable with his role, committed to it with precision and excellence. He took his talent right to the very edge and delivered a period of greatness for St Mirren as a result. :notworthy

4. Jose Luis Chilavert - talented, skillful and aff his heid - genuine genius

Damn good pick - he was brilliant and nuts at the same time.

Unfortunately never saw Abercromby play - alas too young.

Would also choose:

Vinnie Jones - forget the crappy film rubbish, in his day he'd nail anyone to the wall.

McEnroe - one can't help feeling he missed his calling in a contact sport.

Marco Pantani - the man who wasn't afraid to stick two fingers up at Lance Armstrong, but unfortuanately stuck a lot of coke up his nose too.

1.Michael Holding , best of the badass West Indian fast bowlers who would deliberately badly hurt unprotected batsmen if they tried to mess with him !

2. Rod Laver , a "real" tennis champion , even with a wooden racket!

3. Chelsea's Chopper Harris , sneaky assassin supreme !

4. Graham Hill , Ignoramus of a man but the king when it was the drivers ability that won the race more than the capability of the car !

5. Gerd Muller , The perfect goalscorer/poacher , low centre of gravity and an incredible 558 goals in his 628 senior appearances.

1. Matt Le Tissler ( Forget Gascoigne, this guy is the most gifted British player of the last 25 years )

2. Jonah Lomu ( Watching him run over Carling's England in 95 still makes me smile )

3. Brian Clough ( "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one." )

4. Paulo Di Canio ( There are alot of flawed genius type players, i'll go for this one as none of the others covered

done this )

5. Mike Tyson ( An incredible fighter whos uncompromising style made him the most feared monster of his

generation )

Hugh Murray, he's a sport legend in my opinion :)

Riky "Glas jaw" Hatton, not the greatest boxer, just a cool bloke though who is willing to try

Jeff Hardy, WWE wrestler, my all time fav, all his stunts are awesome :lol:

Stephen Hendry (used to love snooker when I was younger and he was allways my top player)

Billy Mehmet, not an out and out goal scorer, but he try's his heart out every week, score's some important goals and you can see what they mean to him.... you see he love's playing for the Saints!

Hugh Murray, he's a sport legend in my opinion :)

Riky "Glas jaw" Hatton, not the greatest boxer, just a cool bloke though who is willing to try

Jeff Hardy, WWE wrestler, my all time fav, all his stunts are awesome :lol:

Stephen Hendry (used to love snooker when I was younger and he was allways my top player)

Billy Mehmet, not an out and out goal scorer, but he try's his heart out every week, score's some important goals and you can see what they mean to him.... you see he love's playing for the Saints!

I'd hardly say that some of them have loose wiring. Mental is hardly the first word that I would use to describe Hendry. :P

1) Tanni Grey-Thompson (11 gold medals over 5 paralympic games, over 30 world records, winner of the London marathon 6 times and she is British)

The others are nowhere near as great but I went for

2) Lance Armstrong (beating cancer gets him in, great role model)

3) Daley Thompson (great ambassador for British athletics)

4) Pele (advertised pills that help you get a hard on!)

5) Jessie Owens (his achievements have since been bettered by the likes of Carl Lewis, but his came along at historically the right time)

I justify the loose wiring part by the years of dedication each put into the respective sports!

Edited by jimdickloyal

1. Benny Lynch

2. The Original John Cowboy McCormick

3. Jackie Patterson

4. Ken Buchannan

5. Walter McGowan

Someone with a knowledge of boxing eh?

Cowboy was a regular in the Railway Inn, Howwood a few years back

Walter McGowan - Possibly the quickest hands ever of any boxer

Someone with a knowledge of boxing eh?

Cowboy was a regular in the Railway Inn, Howwood a few years back

Walter McGowan - Possibly the quickest hands ever of any boxer

Cowboy held 4 middleweight titles at the one time, British, Commonwelth, Empire, and European, and HHiBSS pointed out he shagged Wee Barbara Windsor :P

Cowboy held 4 middleweight titles at the one time, British, Commonwelth, Empire, and European, and HHiBSS pointed out he shagged Wee Barbara Windsor :P

Hey, I just mentioned her name, I didnae actually say anything like she was the one doing the cowboy impersonation at the end up......

Fuxake, I have been waiting patiently since starting this thread for the obvoius Johnny Doyle joke. :P

Groan, but you have refreshed a distant memory of being in the North Bank with the bad boys chanting 'Tommy Burns - so does Doyle' whenever the hooped vermin visited.

:wasntme

Groan, but you have refreshed a distant memory of being in the North Bank with the bad boys chanting 'Tommy Burns - so does Doyle' whenever the hooped vermin visited.

:wasntme

And also "Sugar Sugar Sugar McGrain"

We also sang "9 in a row" to the Timcnuts and it was f*ck aw to do with league titles. :rolleyes:

Edited by shull