Share Purchase

BLF

With the announcement that the directors are hoping to sell up is there an opportunity for smisa to purchase some of the shares? obviously smisa are not in a position to buy the full 98000, but i understand for a while smisa have been looking to increase their stake in the club.

With the announcement that the directors are hoping to sell up is there an opportunity for smisa to purchase some of the shares? obviously smisa are not in a position to buy the full 98000, but i understand for a while smisa have been looking to increase their stake in the club.

The idea is that the 52% shares are sold to the one buyer giving the new person control of the club, this is what makes the sale attractive to any potential buyers.

The idea is that the 52% shares are sold to the one buyer giving the new person control of the club, this is what makes the sale attractive to any potential buyers.

of course - but equally 50.01% of shares would be cheaper and have the same overall effect - no?

Yeah, but the combined total of the 5 director's shares are 52%, that's what's up for sale.

i understand that - the question is would this period of negotiation and restructuring be an opportunity for smisa to increase their stake - either by negotiating a deal with the current bod or getting into bed with the new owner?

When we have approached the board in the past few years we were told that the could not determine a share price.

This has now obviously changed but as said above the new buyer had to buy the whole 52%.

SMiSA is not in a position to do this, although, as all supporters will be doing, we will be watching the situation very closely.

Edited by millport

• 2 months later...

When we have approached the board in the past few years we were told that the could not determine a share price.

This has now obviously changed but as said above the new buyer had to buy the whole 52%.

SMiSA is not in a position to do this, although, as all supporters will be doing, we will be watching the situation very closely.

its happened an few times down south were the fans have bought into the club

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure that SMiSA are in a positon to buy any shares at all. Their website has not been updated since May 08 so I sent a message to see why. Got a message back saying that it hadn't worked out and had given up. So SMiSA seems to be no more. However fans group can still buy the club.

Sorry but you're very far off the mark.

First up, I update the site and I can tell you you're a full year off on when it was last updated. Been a pretty quiet year but there's hopefully going to be more updates over the next few months - we're currently discussing a number of things with the club wrt youth development which I hope to be able to report very soon.

Secondly, SMiSA still exist with many contributing members and could buy shares tomorrow. There is a substantial pot of cash accumulated since the last time shares were bought (£10k worth at the time of the Stewart Kean transfer), which has been ringfenced by the membership for this use. They aren't in a position to buy the club, obviously, but they do have more than enough to make a purchase several times larger than any previously made.

So SMiSA won't be disappearing anytime soon. :)

Sorry but you're very far off the mark.

First up, I update the site and I can tell you you're a full year off on when it was last updated. Been a pretty quiet year but there's hopefully going to be more updates over the next few months - we're currently discussing a number of things with the club wrt youth development which I hope to be able to report very soon.

Secondly, SMiSA still exist with many contributing members and could buy shares tomorrow. There is a substantial pot of cash accumulated since the last time shares were bought (£10k worth at the time of the Stewart Kean transfer), which has been ringfenced by the membership for this use. They aren't in a position to buy the club, obviously, but they do have more than enough to make a purchase several times larger than any previously made.

So SMiSA won't be disappearing anytime soon. :)

Any new towels in the pipeline? :rolleyes: