Ralston Resident's Action Group Against St. Mirren

My brother lives in Allanton Avenue, he's in his early 40s so most certainly not a grumpy old f**ker and most certainly not a "snob" either. He's a also a Saints STH.

His, and from what he says his neighbours' main complaint is the floodlights being left on until 9:30 at night, sometimes later.

My brother has three young children, his mate in Bathgo much the same and the disruption to them caused by the lights is the main gripe.

Thing is, if the facility is going to be used into the winter evenings then the lights will deffo be on. Can only assume that a limit on the opening times will have to be campaigned for unless there is already a framework agreement on this :huh:

of course, the complaint isn't about the lights being on but the fact they are often on until after 9:30 in the evening.

Point being I would assume then is who has ownership and responsibility. I would have thought whoever locks up naturally puts lights out as a standard procedural default :huh: Clearly it would seem not

Wasn't the area previously where the local neds hung about (If there are such people in Ralston :P )? Certainly the one time i visited it, there was graffiti all over the place and empty cans lying around.

Please be assured there a hunners of the wee feckers in Ralston - they've even had meetings about them in the past. Most who attended did so thinking they could put the blame on Penilee and left having been told, in no uncertain terms by the polis and others, that the yobs were their own. The polis claim that they get more complaints about yobs than anywhere else in Paisley, other than Foxbar?

This reminds me of my time working at Barshaw Hospital, where I worked until it closed.

There was a "deputation" from the Ralston Community Group, who visited about 2 weeks before the Hospital closed, and asked to speak to the person in charge.

I showed them up to our Nursing Officer, and they berated him about the possibility of the building being used as a Nightclub, when it closed.

The Nursing Officer said there were no such plans, and thanked them for their time, referring to them as the "Ralston Tenants Association". A riot almost ensued, when the Ralston punters collectively threw a wobbly, and said Nursing Officer gave them a wee wink.

It'll no doubt be the same Pimms drinking, Thatcher-loving, action-slack wearing, wankbags.

f**k 'em!

First, the playing field already has planning permission so sod all can be done about it.

Secondly, as it was an existing playing field the proposal automatically met the criteria of "Renfrewshire Local Plan Policy and the objectives of SPP11, in that it will protect and enhance active recreational open space use of the site".

Thirdly, it was noted by the case officer that there would be an increase in use of the facilty and, as such, recommended that a curfew of 2130 be imposed and that floodlights must be switched off by this time. Consequently, in order to protect local amenity, this was imposed as a condition of the planning permission. (the residents had requested a 2100 curfew in a letter of objection).

Fourth, the residents requested that the facility be restricted "to the exclusive use of St. Mirren F.C. with all activities being overseen by their officials to prevent inappropriate language or behaviour which could cause distress to local households". They also raised concern, "with regards to the conditions of the lease and the potential for the playing fields to be operated by St. Mirren FC as a commercial venture"

As neither were issues that Planning could impose, St.Mirren out of courtesy agreed to it.

Fifthly, the planning committee actually asked that the fences be raised. St. Mirren indicated that they would be raised to five metres, which is in-line with other council playing fields.

The case officer suggested that this be reviewed after six months if balls in gardens proved a problem (Excuse me missus, can ah huv ma baw back?).

They had the opportunity to object and they did. The planning approval took their concerns in to consideration. That's the point of the democratic process furfuxake.

It was a midden beforehand and St.mirren have come in and spent money on and probably improved the amenity of the area.

The funny thing is, the bowling club next door has a a licensed bar and is used until much later than half 9. It's probably worse in terms of being an anti-social neighbour.

Floodlights on till 9:30?

What about down at Feegie Astroturf? They are on until 10pm at times and you will also find some colourful language there.... And there is housing all around it.

I think some folk just like to have a gripe for nothing. I have never heard a complaint from the folk in the area of Feegie.

Supermac, did you circulate this damning leaflet? :rolleyes:

Will the original Angus MacPherson be attending? :P

I hope you will be an attendance tomorrow evening demanding that the trailer trash of Paisley return to their roots in Ferguslie Park and leave the upstanding people of Ralston to their fine way of life that they have become accustomed to. :lol:

Edited by Mr Zo

First, the playing field already has planning permission so sod all can be done about it.

Secondly, as it was an existing playing field the proposal automatically met the criteria of "Renfrewshire Local Plan Policy and the objectives of SPP11, in that it will protect and enhance active recreational open space use of the site".

Thirdly, it was noted by the case officer that there would be an increase in use of the facilty and, as such, recommended that a curfew of 2130 be imposed and that floodlights must be switched off by this time. Consequently, in order to protect local amenity, this was imposed as a condition of the planning permission. (the residents had requested a 2100 curfew in a letter of objection).

Fourth, the residents requested that the facility be restricted "to the exclusive use of St. Mirren F.C. with all activities being overseen by their officials to prevent inappropriate language or behaviour which could cause distress to local households". They also raised concern, "with regards to the conditions of the lease and the potential for the playing fields to be operated by St. Mirren FC as a commercial venture"

As neither were issues that Planning could impose, St.Mirren out of courtesy agreed to it.

Fifthly, the planning committee actually asked that the fences be raised. St. Mirren indicated that they would be raised to five metres, which is in-line with other council playing fields.

The case officer suggested that this be reviewed after six months if balls in gardens proved a problem (Excuse me missus, can ah huv ma baw back?).

They had the opportunity to object and they did. The planning approval took their concerns in to consideration. That's the point of the democratic process furfuxake.

It was a midden beforehand and St.mirren have come in and spent money on and probably improved the amenity of the area.

The funny thing is, the bowling club next door has a a licensed bar and is used until much later than half 9. It's probably worse in terms of being an anti-social neighbour.

There are two grounds (at least) for the residents to cite as a reason for restricting activity. the first and most obvious is that the operation is creating a nuisance that the residents could not have foreseen when objections were being lodged-they will argue that they have never had a soccer academy next door so they couldnt predict how bad it would be. They may have to go to court but if their concerns are deemed valid and unforeseeable before the opening then the club would be forced to take action.

Second would be to make an allegation that the planning consents have been breached (unconsented use) which could potentially force a temporary closure or ioperating restrictions until the disputes are resolved. Seems more to do wth the folly of siting the complex in a residential area. These neighbour issues were foreseeable and the residents probably do have some rights to force changes.

This reminds me of my time working at Barshaw Hospital, where I worked until it closed.

There was a "deputation" from the Ralston Community Group, who visited about 2 weeks before the Hospital closed, and asked to speak to the person in charge.

I showed them up to our Nursing Officer, and they berated him about the possibility of the building being used as a Nightclub, when it closed.

The Nursing Officer said there were no such plans, and thanked them for their time, referring to them as the "Ralston Tenants Association". A riot almost ensued, when the Ralston punters collectively threw a wobbly, and said Nursing Officer gave them a wee wink.

It'll no doubt be the same Pimms drinking, Thatcher-loving, action-slack wearing, wankbags.

f**k 'em!

:o

:lol::lol:

valuation of house? I'd pay extra to be able to buy a hoose there build a raise decking and sit oot watching mr ross and co train - what the feck are these people maoning about!

if i build a raised decking oot my now backdoor - i would see someone in a saints top - unfortunately it would be broony tho :lol:

valuation of house? I'd pay extra to be able to buy a hoose there build a raise decking and sit oot watching mr ross and co train - what the feck are these people maoning about!

if i build a raised decking oot my now backdoor - i would see someone in a saints top - unfortunately it would be broony tho :lol:

I think despite the population mix of football and non football loving types in the area, it seems that the usual suspects forming a significant vocal minority have been organised to campaign against this , allbeit rather late in the day. It is the usual political capital to be gained whilst representing wannabee neighbourhood watch enthusiasts that are not particularly keen on the footie that will be in attendance tonight.

I'd imagine there could be some interesting , amusing views and arguments on offer tonight <_<

Edit to add.............I betcha some of the guests will be reading this thread only to recycle some of the views at tonights meeting :wink:

Edited by Seaside Nipper

of course, the complaint isn't about the lights being on but the fact they are often on until after 9:30 in the evening.

Don't really see the problem here unless the dafties of Ralston have never heard of curtains. :blink:

If anything the floodlights would would be great for security and if the kids will be playing out in the dark autumn evenings.

Don't really see the problem here unless the dafties of Ralston have never heard of curtains. :blink:

If anything the floodlights would would be great for security and if the kids will be playing out in the dark autumn evenings.

.............expect a Paisley Depress exclusive on the bright lights of Allanton , sometime next week . I reckon the Ralston jungle drums will be beating a path top the Editor's door prior to tonights talk. I expect some journo to provide some quotes from unnamed concerned resident represented by the local lib demmer :spud4

They are a bit late with their pish. They should have got themselves organised a bit better when it was in the planning stage.

Spot on! What a load of nonsense, its like starting a group today to debate whether or not the Lybian Bomber should be released or not.

If this gathers any momentum we should threaten them with a few thousand fans coming along to training sessions - then they will have something to complain about.

Car Parking

Erection of Water Tank

Loss of Privacy

Excess Traffic

Loss of Amenity

All Covered By Original Planning Application and Conditions

Foul Language

Football's Going Over Fences

Both Items that club can deal with easily

Industrial Use of playing Pitches

Eh! Unlucky Folks But No It Isn't

Valuation Of House

Civil Matter, and Good Luck Proving That A Well Used Training Ground Devalues Your House, When A Disused Waste Ground Didn't

Cavalier Use Of Herbicide

Club's Health And Safety Risk Assessment Will Well Cover This Issue

Generator???? -- I assume the only possible complaint can be re noise

Noise

As the COnditions Are That The Club Dont Use After 10pm Then It Is Only Daytime Noise (i.e. 7am till 11pm) -- Good Luck Proving That Noise From Footbal Players Constitutes A Statutory Nuisance

Floodlights

New Public Health Legislation Adds Lighting to the things that can Be A Statutory Nuisance - Would Be Up To Environmental Health to assess whether the Lighting Is Too Bright -- Remembering that the complaintants have An Easy Solution In Pulling Curtains Over. If Still Too Bright Then Lights Could Easily Be Re-Directed Slightly, OR Less Powerful Bulbs.

However as mentioned previously - the House Valuation is almost certainly the only thing most people are interested in, except for a few who may have a general complaint.

Anyway any real complaint is Very easily dealt with

Spot on! What a load of nonsense, its like starting a group today to debate whether or not the Lybian Bomber should be released or not.

If this gathers any momentum we should threaten them with a few thousand fans coming along to training sessions - then they will have something to complain about.

Quite, we can go 77-style on them and create the Anti-Ralston-Action-Group-League and just turn up and disrupt and meetings demonstrations they have. Find out who their top man is and we can hold demonstrations outside of their hoose - well within our legal rights. :ph34r:

I suspect, as usual, they will just be looking to get their nose in the trough. It will all lead to some freebie such as fencing, triple glazing or some other bollox as they try to fleece the club of its windfall. A brief campaign of spray painting, tyre slashing, jobbies through the letter box should get the ralston monkies off our backs. :P

Quite, we can go 77-style on them and create the Anti-Ralston-Action-Group-League and just turn up and disrupt and meetings demonstrations they have. Find out who their top man is and we can hold demonstrations outside of their hoose - well within our legal rights. ph34r.gif

I suspect, as usual, they will just be looking to get their nose in the trough. It will all lead to some freebie such as fencing, triple glazing or some other bollox as they try to fleece the club of its windfall. A brief campaign of spray painting, tyre slashing, jobbies through the letter box should get the ralston monkies off our backs. tongue.gif

I'm not quite tall enough for that ....

You've got to love that they think a professional groundskeeper who's job it is to GROW grass indescriminantly uses herbicides :D