Ralston Resident's Action Group Against St. Mirren

.............expect a Paisley Depress exclusive on the bright lights of Allanton , sometime next week . I reckon the Ralston jungle drums will be beating a path top the Editor's door prior to tonights talk. I expect some journo to provide some quotes from unnamed concerned resident represented by the local lib demmer :spud4

You mean like this? http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-news/local-news-in-renfrewshire/2009/09/15/new-st-mirren-complex-making-life-misery-for-residents-87085-24686978/

Coucillor Jim Sharkey on the floodlights:

“I walked round the corner one night and was literally blinded by them"

:lol:

funnily enough , yes indeedee laugh.gif

I see residents will be benefitting on their leckie bills then if SMFC are providing gratis reading light of an evening.

Seriously though, the lighting imo wants managing. I would be pissed off if that was shining into my kids rooms , or mine for that matter. A PIR wrongly sited is a pisser , that must be the same. Otherwise though, its the classic nimby stuff. In all honesty there are far more serious issues in the world than the perception of negative house prices caused by the upgrade and use of a previously derelict piece of ground. I wonder how many kids from RALSTON PRIMARY SCHOOL will benefit from using this facility over the coming years. Aherm quite.wink.gif

No doubt the journo that penned that piece will be crediting B&Wa for their contribution. Apart from the Sharkey comment its lifted from this thread

:lol:

funnily enough , yes indeedee laugh.gif

I see residents will be benefitting on their leckie bills then if SMFC are providing gratis reading light of an evening.

Seriously though, the lighting imo wants managing. I would be pissed off if that was shining into my kids rooms , or mine for that matter. A PIR wrongly sited is a pisser , that must be the same.

Looks like Malcolm Construction Services have made a cnut of not only the siting of the Floodlights at the Pavillion End of the Pitch, But it looks as if they have made the artificial Pitch to Small. Planning Application in Respect of Potential Bad Neighbours ( PDE 16/09/09 ) :lol:

Car Parking

Erection / Installtion of Water Tank

Floodlights

Foul Language

Industrial Use of Playing Fields

Loss of Privacy

Valuation of House

Cavalier Use of Herbicide

Excess Traffic

Football being kicked over fence

Generator

Loss of Amenity

Noise

That's quite spooky because this is the exact same list of misdemeanours that the board presented to Alex Ferguson as reasons for sacking him.

Car Parking

Erection / Installation of Water Tank

Floodlights

Foul Language

Loss of Privacy

Valuation of House

Excess Traffic

Generator

Loss of Amenity

Noise

That's quite spooky because this is the exact same list of misdemeanours that the board presented to Alex Ferguson as reasons for sacking him.

Sir Alex got sacked for having an erection?

My brother lives in Allanton Avenue, he's in his early 40s so most certainly not a grumpy old f**ker and most certainly not a "snob" either. He's a also a Saints STH.

His, and from what he says his neighbours' main complaint is the floodlights being left on until 9:30 at night, sometimes later.

My brother has three young children, his mate in Bathgo much the same and the disruption to them caused by the lights is the main gripe.

B&Q, black out blind, £10, job done.

Car Parking

Erection / Installation of Water Tank

Floodlights

Foul Language

Loss of Privacy

Valuation of House

Excess Traffic

Generator

Loss of Amenity

Noise

Oh for god's sake, some people really are not happy unless they're complaining are they? :rolleyes:

Hopefully somebuddie pishes on their Daily Mail. Talk about NIMBYs........