New Forum Toys Part 1

div

Hopefully you are all now becoming accustomed to the new forum layout. There are a number of new features and things in the new board that I will tell you about here in e-saints from time to time.

The first is the new media tag when making a post.

This is represented by the three little screens you see in the post editor, on the second row;

post-2-12538684387303_thumb.jpg

When you use this you are asked to give a URL. If you enter a YouTube, or Google Video link this wil embed itself inside the post itself like so;

How cool is that !

Still can't get the f**ker to work, can I have an idiot's guide, settings to alter etc, thanks..........................?

Don't know how to help you, I didn't alter settings or anything else. I just right clicked the address bad then cut then paste in the insert media bit that Div highlighted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNCwHNsuuU

Edited by davidg

Still can't get the f**ker to work, can I have an idiot's guide, settings to alter etc, thanks..........................?

Ok you find a clip on YouTube you want to share with the masses. You're watching the clip on YT like this;

post-2-12543276794587_thumb.jpg

Note the YouTube URL I have highlighted in yellow, this is the important bit. Select all of that with your mouse and copy it to the clipboard using ctrl+c

Now either as a reply to an existing topic or when creating a new topic, hit the insert media button on the editor as pointed out in the opening post of this topic - this is the three little screens.

This then asks you for a url - use ctrl-v to paste in the URL from youtube that we copied earlier.

In your post you'll now see

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mciYjO-CuTc[/media]

When you then hit "Add Reply" this is magically transformed into your embedded video :D

Div

I'm trying to link to a vijo on vimeo.com but all I seem to be able to post is the address:

:unsure:

I have to add media tags for individual video providers into the system. Vimeo is now added and supported as you can see :D