Hard Drive Problems

whosyirdaddy

Just posting to see if anyone could help or offer advice on a little problem Ive stumbled across on Saturday evening.

Ive got an external hard drive and its pretty much full up to the brim with Tunes, Photos etc. However when I used it on Friday it was absolutely fine then on Saturday when I inserted it into my laptop it was there to view BUT wanting me to format drive - This was threatening to delete all the contents of the External HD....

Now thing is I'm losing something like 300,000+ audio files and all my saints photos from online etc and there are plenty of them too.

Anyone know if you can overcome this problem with having to lose everything ? Im not actually sure if the HD is damaged or anything because it used to be a wee green light that flickered on and off now its an orange/red thing thats flashing when Im trying to open it up with a double click....

Sounds very much like the disk is fried. There are a few things to try but first of all try connecting it to a different computer, and try powering it off for a bit before reconnecting.

If at any point it does reconnect I'd advise you stat copying stuff off there as soon as you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the google searches Ive carried out seem to narrow down to this product here DISKRECOUP (Click)

However when I use this and click on G: My External Hard Drive - Its back to square one asking me to format it - Im 99.9% sure Im f**ked but dont mind paying to get the problem resolved I honestly need to recover all the files, music and most importantly my son as hes grown up over the years

I just hope im not completely snookered and there is an answer out there............

Most of the google searches Ive carried out seem to narrow down to this product here DISKRECOUP (Click)

However when I use this and click on G: My External Hard Drive - Its back to square one asking me to format it - Im 99.9% sure Im f**ked but dont mind paying to get the problem resolved I honestly need to recover all the files, music and most importantly my son as hes grown up over the years

I just hope im not completely snookered and there is an answer out there............

PC World do a hard-disk recovery service. Gary Glitter swears by it. :o