Top 5 Python Sketches

Crispian Crunchie

5. The Milkman. Dressed in a skimpy negligee, Carol Cleveland answers the door to Michael Palin as a milkman and beckons him inside, then upstairs, where she locks him in a room. Palin turns round to find himself in the company of about a dozen other milkmen, some of whom are skeletons.

4. Crunchy Frog. One of an interesting selection of new chocolate varieties being pitched by Palin to a skeptical manufacturer or confectionery.

3. Self Defence. How do you deal with an assailant attacking with a banana? (1) Shoot him. (2) Eat the banana, thus disarming him.

2. The Cheese Shop. "Venezuelan Beaver cheese?" "Not as such".

1. The Fish-slapping Dance. Nuff said.

What would you say was funny then, BD? Just so as we know.

From That Era

Only fools and horses

Fawlty towers

Just good friends

Naked Video

On the buses

Sorry

Love thy neigbour

Mind your Language

Two Ronnies

Morecombe and wise

Whose line is it anyway

and many more funnier tha python - BTW stupid is not funny its just stupid - In my oppinion of course

Back on topic...

5) Lumberjack Song

4) Dead Parrot

3) Camp March Thing

2) How Not To Be Seen

1) Upper Class Twit of the Year

:lol::):lol::):lol:

Lumberjack song and dead parrot are the same sketch :o

I love "self defence against attackers armed with fruit", and the "Hungarian phrase book" is fantastic, I wandered around Budapest saying 'please fondle my buttocks' as a direct result (when I wander round Paisley saying it that's nothing to do with Python).

I also have to say that I really enjoyed Just Good Friends. It was really clever to juxtapose a posh, middle class girl beisde a cheeky bloke with the twinkle in the eye and you never knew quite what was going to happen. It really was, for me, one of the definitive 1980's sitco...aow Gawd, worram oi sayin' moi woife's gunna kill me!!!!

Not a Python sketch. Originally perfomed in "At Last The 1948 Show", it was actually written by Marty Feldman and *** Brook-Taylor.

Well, it's inlcuded in Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl so that counts as a Monty Python sketch as far as I'm concerned.

The sketches I always liked were the ones that had someone from off camera interupt half way through to inform that it was being scrapped then everyone would drag themselves offstage with the chant "What are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do now?" :lol::lol: :lol::blink:

The sketches I always liked were the ones that had someone from off camera interupt half way through to inform that it was being scrapped then everyone would drag themselves offstage with the chant "What are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do now?" :lol::lol: :lol::blink:

You're taking the piss now. You know very well that that was Spike Milligan.