Sherlock Holmes

Bud the Baker

Roger Moore - surprisingly good as a suave eyebrow raising SH

Nicol Williamson - underrated and generally forgotten actor who hates Helen Mirren

Michael Caine in a film where the Holmes/Watson roles were reversed

Rupert Everett - quite a pervy adaptation

Basil Rathbone - who else?

Waiting to see how Robert Downey Jnr. will do.

....................and the worst Peter Cook in an adaptation of Hound of the Baskervilles with the Carry On crew.

Nicol Williamson - underrated and generally forgotten actor who hates Helen Mirren

....................and the worst Peter Cook in an adaptation of Hound of the Baskervilles with the Carry On crew.

You're elemental, with a silent 'ele', my Dear Watson..............................

Peter Cushing did a decent job in the Hammer version of The Hound of the Baskervilles

Jeremy Brett was magic too....although by the look of his eyeballs I think he took the method acting a bit too far!

Seem to mind a film called Young Sherlock too...forget who played him...but it was utter gash.

Having seen the trailer for Ritchie's version featuring Downey Jr, I think I can confidently predict that Downey Jr will replace Peter Cook as worst ever Holmes in short order. Sherlock Holmes as an all-action macho fighting hero is just wrong on every level.

Having seen the trailer for Ritchie's version featuring Downey Jr, I think I can confidently predict that Downey Jr will replace Peter Cook as worst ever Holmes in short order. Sherlock Holmes as an all-action macho fighting hero is just wrong on every level.

It'll probably become a cult-flick... :rolleyes: