Andrew Findlay 1926 Scottish Cup Final

Andrew Findlay was the grandfather of my wife's uncle (if you can work that one out!). We are trying to find out information on his football days and I have managed to get a couple of copy pictures of him and the team that won the 1926 Cup against Celtic. The plan is to give her uncle the information that we gather as a present, along with the pictures framed.

What I would really love to find is a copy of the actual match. I've tried a couple of places and typically, I can get the 1927 Cup final on black and white film but not the 1926.

If anyone has any information on Andrew Findlay or might know where to find a copy of the actual 1926 final then I would be most grateful.

Andrew Findlay was the grandfather of my wife's uncle (if you can work that one out!). We are trying to find out information on his football days and I have managed to get a couple of copy pictures of him and the team that won the 1926 Cup against Celtic. The plan is to give her uncle the information that we gather as a present, along with the pictures framed.

What I would really love to find is a copy of the actual match. I've tried a couple of places and typically, I can get the 1927 Cup final on black and white film but not the 1926.

If anyone has any information on Andrew Findlay or might know where to find a copy of the actual 1926 final then I would be most grateful.

Try this mate

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=25203

Edited by Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased a copy last year from Scottish Screen Archive, as I was trying to build up a collection of the 3 Cup winning teams. Their website stated Ref 0561B length 1min copyright Mr B Kemp. What I received was a disc with 30 seconds filmed at ground level. It had 7 jump cuts and finished with a person walking across in front of the camera. Change days! Nothing remotely exciting and certainly no goals shown.

However we have discovered there was a film show in the La Scala cinema High Street Paisley within hours of the match finishing ..... and I'm sure it was more that 30 seconds!

If you have more success tracking the film, we have transfer to DVD facilities.

Purchased a copy last year from Scottish Screen Archive, as I was trying to build up a collection of the 3 Cup winning teams. Their website stated Ref 0561B length 1min copyright Mr B Kemp. What I received was a disc with 30 seconds filmed at ground level. It had 7 jump cuts and finished with a person walking across in front of the camera. Change days! Nothing remotely exciting and certainly no goals shown.

However we have discovered there was a film show in the La Scala cinema High Street Paisley within hours of the match finishing ..... and I'm sure it was more that 30 seconds!

If you have more success tracking the film, we have transfer to DVD facilities.

Glasgow Herald of 12 May 1987 has an article titled "Saints Have New Vision of Heaven" written by Wm Hunter (supporter) mentions Andrew Findlay, the right-back as "Tarzan".

Hope this helps

Glasgow Herald of 12 May 1987 has an article titled "Saints Have New Vision of Heaven" written by Wm Hunter (supporter) mentions Andrew Findlay, the right-back as "Tarzan".

Hope this helps

Willie Hunter is wrang !!!

Johnny Weismuller was Tarzan !!! :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...

I'd like to the club do more to remember the 1926 and 1959 teams. Is there anything about them in west bank concourse or the hospitality suites? If there is i haven't noticed it and i think there should be more.

We could parade all the Cup Final legends on the pitch at next home game.

Phil could interview them.

I'd like to the club do more to remember the 1926 and 1959 teams. Is there anything about them in west bank concourse or the hospitality suites? If there is i haven't noticed it and i think there should be more.

Pozbaird has it all under control.

He's preparing testy slogans as I type. :)

Surely , Shull is our best source of info' for Saint Mirren SFA Cup Final matches as , he was actually in attendance at all of them. .

True, and you lifted me over the turnstile at the 1926 Final.

Thanks punk.gif

• 7 years later...