Sunny Foxbar Saint

Just heard some tragic that our regular poster Derek aka Sunny Foxbar Saint was taking in an ambulance today on the way to match ..... Dont know full jist of story but had it confirmed in a sense by a few people know .....That he passed away :(

If this is true which I so hoped wasnt when I got my first call ..... RIP Derek :(

Just heard some tragic that our regular poster Derek aka Sunny Foxbar Saint was taking in an ambulance today on the way to match ..... Dont know full jist of story but had it confirmed in a sense by a few people know .....That he passed away :(

If this is true which I so hoped wasnt when I got my first call ..... RIP Derek :(

Hope this completely wrong, cant believe that :(

Edited by santaponsasaint

Hi Raymond , just spoke to Big John Conway a friend of Derek's. He confirmed the tragic news that Derek collapsed in Well St today on his way to the game , he never regained conciousness and died. A true St Mirren supporter and friend who I first met at an away game in Stranraer in 1973.

I am shattered by the news and thoughts are obviously with his family. RIP Derek

Come on to f*ck somebody tell me this isnt true please.....

Dereks profile states I hope hes active on his account just now (cant tell cause its private status) and that its wasnt posted pre-today

that was posted the other week raymie when he came back onto the forum

Hi Raymond , just spoke to Big John Conway a friend of Derek's. He confirmed the tragic news that Derek collapsed in Well St today on his way to the game , he never regained conciousness and died. A true St Mirren supporter and friend who I first met at an away game in Stranraer in 1973.

I am shattered by the news and thoughts are obviously with his family. RIP Derek

Truly shocked - Wasnt that long ago at Tynecastle was gonna go try buy a ticket and Derek had won some through league sponsor and gladly gave me one and wouldnt take a penny for it (made sure he got a guiness or 2 though).... Only for me to drop it unknowingly and when I got to the ground and re-traced my steps it was literally outside the bowling club.....

Definately a true gentleman and buddie - Thoughts are with his family and others close to Derek

RIP Derek, Tragically gone but definately not missed buddie

Realy blown away by this. :( Hadn't heard anything about it until reading the thread just now...even thought I saw him from the back at the game today too...obviously was mistaken. :( Only thing I do know is that the status thing Mond has mentioned was put up by Derek some time back, maybe a week or two ago or something - I'm sure the mods will be able to check exactly when. Whenever it was I had seen it at the time when he came back on briefly for the first time in some while to make a couple of posts. Definitely wasn't today.

Hadn't known Derek nearly as long as yourself or doubtless many others Billy, but had known him for a few years via this and meeting him at games. He was as you say a true Saints supporter and a complete gent who I considered a friend. He will definitely be much missed and my thoughts are with his family.

RIP Derek. :(

Nice one Toon. Derek in his favourite place ever !

Thanks Billy.

That was 1 of his favourite pictures.

He told me when I sent him it, that it was the only picture he had of himself inside Love Street (home). :)

Mods, can you please move this thread to General Discussion where it deserves to be.