Sunny Foxbar Saint

The Sun Has Went down in FOXBAR ! nYou missed @ Hatrick by your Billy Boy ! xx

Derek Fraser Menzies ( Sunny Foxbar Saint ) Died today of a suspected Heart Attack on his way to watch His beloved SAINTS play Alloa Athletic in the Scottish Cup.

He missed His favourite player score @ Hatrick in our 3 - 1 Victory ! Billy salutes You Derek ! RIP M8

Sorry to add another post but this is such tragic news, and wonder if theres something we can do to make our feelings felt?

Some of his closer friends might have an idea and I'm sure we'd all support any idea.

I'm not trying to over dramatise my place in this, never met him but, strangely, feel very very saddend by this,

sad.gif

Hi Raymond , just spoke to Big John Conway a friend of Derek's. He confirmed the tragic news that Derek collapsed in Well St today on his way to the game , he never regained conciousness and died. A true St Mirren supporter and friend who I first met at an away game in Stranraer in 1973.

I am shattered by the news and thoughts are obviously with his family. RIP Derek

Derek, We were even missing you in the tile before NSS and Feegie saint came in to break the tragic news.

Like you Billy, Derek and i go back a long way Lost contact with him for a good few years and was happy to have re-acquainted with him over the last dozen or so years. Derek was a diamond, not a bad bone in his body. of many memories my favourite is of the day we last won the 1st divison at love st. I ripped my shirt getting into the car on the way to the game and bought a very white polo shirt at braehead en route, after the game Derek was so excited he balanced a pint of his beloved guiness on my head and started pogoing, i was drenched and the shirt ruined but he and spirit junior near pished themselves and you couldnt get angry with the old bugger. It just wasnt possible.

He will be missed, that's for sure. My thoughts are with Maureen and his family. A wee light has gone out for many of us.

RIP Buddie, sleep well.

Sorry to add another post but this is such tragic news, and wonder if theres something we can do to make our feelings felt?

Some of his closer friends might have an idea and I'm sure we'd all support any idea.

I'm not trying to over dramatise my place in this, never met him but, strangely, feel very very saddend by this,

sad.gif

Not strange, the derek you knew through here was very much the derek we all knew in person, there was some talk of a collection for a brick at the new ground on the wall of fame and i'm sure the tile bus brigade will sort something out. Everybody is missed when they go but somehow this loss seems to cut quite deep. We are measured in this life by the friends we have and derek certainly was rich in that respect, whether they are friends in person or via a football forum.

Not strange, the derek you knew through here was very much the derek we all knew in person, there was some talk of a collection for a brick at the new ground on the wall of fame and i'm sure the tile bus brigade will sort something out. Everybody is missed when they go but somehow this loss seems to cut quite deep. We are measured in this life by the friends we have and derek certainly was rich in that respect, whether they are friends in person or via a football forum.

Thanks for that. sad.gif

i travel on the tile bus now and would like to think the bus could club together and buy a brick in memory of derek

Tragic news.. :( Shocked and saddened...

A true bud and a gentleman... Remember the game away at Hibs when Billy Mehmet scored the only goal (deflected from a post) - spoke to Derek then, and he was laughing as he had put on Billy as the only scorer in the game with some good odds.. just to annoy Santaponsasaint at the time!

Remember him from many games.. A few momentos here..

post-7447-12630768855881_thumb.jpg

post-7447-12630769164073_thumb.jpg

post-7447-12630769272272_thumb.jpg

post-7447-12630769954827_thumb.jpg

post-7447-12630771250464_thumb.jpg

post-7447-12630771513316_thumb.jpg

post-7447-12630771656279_thumb.jpg

post-7447-1263077192266_thumb.jpg

sad.gif

If someone contacted the club then I'm sure they would happily arrange a minutes silence or applause for Sunny Foxbar Saint on Tuesday night against Aberdeen.

R.I.P

I never met Derek. But I've spoken to him many, many times through this internet forum, and especially through the Personal Message facility (often via messages I received un-prompted from him), and I felt that I did get to know him a bit through that - for he was always courteous, friendly, humorous, and thoroughly decent. A real mensch. From the foregoing posts from those who really did know the man in person, I can see that my impressions were absolutely spot on. What a terrible shock to all of his friends and family to lose him so precipitately.

I'm truly sad that he has gone - but what a great Saints man he surely was. I'm very pleased that I did get to know him, if only slightly. Good that he lived, but crap that he's dead. It's a bit obvious to say so, but we need to concentrate on the former to help us to get on with the time we've got left. I'm raising a glass to Derek's memory now.