Sunny Foxbar Saint

didn't sleep to well last night, cant stop thinking about Derek and all the away games we'd meet at and slag each other to bits, i used to look forward to it, Like Bill said Guinness share price has plummeted, And i will stick a few quid to any fund that can be organized, Reading all these heart felt post is hard but lovely to read all the antics he got up to,

Top bloke True Saint, Thoughts are with his family RIP BUD

Edited by santaponsasaint

Got to know Derek quite well over the last few years and can't really add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said.

A true Buddie and a downright good man.

I raised a couple of Guinesses to you last night mate.

I remember sitting behind Derek at Easter Rd with my 4 year old son on a freezing cold day a couple of seasons ago. My boy had dropped his gloves on the way to the ground and his hands were so cold they were turning blue. Derek overheard his complaints and promptly gave me boy his wee hand warmer, even though he was freezing himself.

That's the kind of guy he was.

RIP mate, you'll be sorely missed down Greenhill way.

PS. I now think we should rename this.... :guinness ......the SFS smiley.

Totally gutted .....was with Wullie in the pub when we heard the news...so so sad.Derek was a top guy and Saints all the way through.To say the lads were stunned by this news is an understatement.Had many a good laugh with Derek at the games,home and away and he always managed to put a smile on your face with his patter.Rest in peace buddie...you will always be remembered and will be sadly missed.

Stunned at the news. Heard yesterday but this has been the first chance I've had to come online. I've had endless banter with Derek for the past few years, he was always there providing a laugh and a smile, winding people up and he was extremely passionate about the team. I've only known him the past few years, but as I'm sure others will agree - our lives will be individually richer for knowing him.

I'd like to contribute in some way to his memory, can someone perhaps collect some money in so we can honour his memory, like we did for Lairdy.

Last time I saw him was only the other week, he will definately be missed but how apt that our Billy, got a hat-trick yesterday, I am sure Derek will be smiling down at everyone, rest in peace Derek bud, you'll be missed xxx

Shocked by the news. Derek was always very welcoming and hospitable when ever we were up to see Saints. Last season at Tynecastle i was under the stand at half time, alone, when i saw his familiar friendly face, making a bee-line in my direction to talk to me. He was a great lad. On behalf of the Newcastle Saints, RIP Derek.

Logged off last last night when it was confirmed and was genuinely speechless. Things like this really bring it home that St Mirren is all about the support and SFS epitomised everything good about being part of St Mirren, as has been exemplified by the posts in this thread.

Whatever is decided in terms of a tribute to SFS I would be very grateful to contribute.

I was told last night about Derek I was totally shocked and stunned. I had been with Derek down south a couple of times - Darlington and Wigan and we had a brilliant time. I will miss him in the Tile and his banter with me about being a fat lazy taxi driver! :rolleyes: Del I will miss you loads bud and hopefully wherever you are has a great pub selling Guiness and has a football team called St. Mirren. RIP Bud :(

I was told last night about Derek I was totally shocked and stunned. I had been with Derek down south a couple of times - Darlington and Wigan and we had a brilliant time. I will miss him in the Tile and his banter with me about being a fat lazy taxi driver! rolleyes.gif Del I will miss you loads bud and hopefully wherever you are has a great pub selling Guiness and has a football team called St. Mirren. RIP Bud sad.gif

That wasn't banter, that was him being serious......................tongue.gif

I have never used the message board before and wasn't a member until today but felt the need to sign up and add my best wishes to SFS's familly at this sad time. It is clear to see from all the messages that this man had a huge impact on a lot of lives. seemed to be a true saint and if there was ever a case of being a saints legend without being a saints player then this is it.. another good man gone

Another good man down, I bet Foxbar is not so sunny now.

R.I.P. SFS.

On Behalf of Maureen & Dereks Family, I would like to Thank all members of B&W Army for their kind thoughts and support during this sad Time .

I will let everyone know of the Funeral arangements Ect, When I Get The details.

Once again , I pass on Maureens sentiments about your kind Thoughts on this board, And will let you know That She is eternially gratefull for all your Support.

The Sun Has Gone Down in FOXBAR ! sad.gifsad.gif

Every now and again at B&W army, I find myself stumbling on to an unwelcome thread. This is one on them. This news has saddened me so much.

I only met him person once. That was on a trip home from Bangkok about 2 years ago; it was far to brief. I am shattered by what I have read here today.

My thoughts are with Derek's family, and friends who knew him far better than I had the privelege of.

RIP Bud.

Every now and again at B&W army, I find myself stumbling on to an unwelcome thread. This is one on them. This news has saddened me so much.

I only met him person once. That was on a trip home from Bangkok about 2 years ago; it was far to brief. I am shattered by what I have read here today.

My thoughts are with Derek's family, and friends who knew him far better than I had the privelege of.

RIP Bud.

Was that the same night I met you? I have pictures from that day on my laptop, will have a look when it comes back from being repaired.