Sunny Foxbar Saint

I only met Derek once, but knew his face from away days as he was a true regular. He and his 2 of his usual pals from the photo 4 posts up came into a pub just outside Tynecastle at the start of last season, they recognised me as another regular travelling Buddie sitting in a pub full of Jambos (was in with a couple of Hearts supporting friends) and they came over and we stood and had a beer and waxed lyrical for a half hour.

Can't remember much of what was said, but one of the first things he asked me was 'are you on B&W army?' then 'who are you on it?'. It was good to finally put a face to the name on all accounts and they were soon on their way.

As I say, I didn't know him too well apart from that he was a good poster and in the short time I spoke to him, seemed like a very decent guy.

Thoughts are with his family.

Just heard some tragic that our regular poster Derek aka Sunny Foxbar Saint was taking in an ambulance today on the way to match ..... Dont know full jist of story but had it confirmed in a sense by a few people know .....That he passed away :(

If this is true which I so hoped wasnt when I got my first call ..... RIP Derek :(

I didn't know the guy but read loads of his posts. Very sad news. Condolences to his family.

I know he absolutely loved to play the Prediction League and was always near the top of the league.

Hi there folks

Just after Div posted this I sent Div a PM in regards to possibly having the prediction league set up as a memorial piece of fun because anyone that knew Derek (as Div mentioned above) loved to take part in all the wee online clickys and competitions. Div kindly replied with the responce that he would be more than happy to name the prediction league in Dereks memory with the outlook of a wee plaque trophy up for grabs for the winner each year etc. Im rather grateful to Div for this and going to look at getting some sort of plaque/trophy made up for this cause, not sure if the trophy centre is still opened in Paisley but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions towards the above idea then feel free to drop me a PM or reply on here - I'd be more than happy covering the cost of the trophy myself or arrange as members for us to get something in place, Im pretty sure the guys on the Tile will do their own thing in regards to the memory of one of their fond members.

So again if anyone can suggest the best shout for trophy/plaque etc then feel free to drop me a PM

the trophy centre has been away for a few years, we use the paisley trophy centre which is off george st, dont know if it comes under shuttle or not :blink:?

if you were going to shuttle street form george st its on the left - big white building after the tenements - very helpful and prices ok too.

the trophy centre has been away for a few years, we use the paisley trophy centre which is off george st, dont know if it comes under shuttle or not :blink:?

if you were going to shuttle street form george st its on the left - big white building after the tenements - very helpful and prices ok too.

Thats the one I was thinking of - My dad use to go there alot for all the stuff when he was involved with Everton Boys Club - I always thought the Paisley Centre shop was the same company :unsure: Just a public commercial side of the business but then again I know nothing

Thats the one I was thinking of - My dad use to go there alot for all the stuff when he was involved with Everton Boys Club - I always thought the Paisley Centre shop was the same company :unsure: Just a public commercial side of the business but then again I know nothing

naw two different businesses raymie. that one is very much still open though.

Go to Hamish McLean's in George Place, I'd be happy to contribute.

I've got something in the pipeline as well for SFS which would be good if it is possible, will know more tomorrow and post details.

one of ma best buds i am totally gutted i ll miss our piss ups and banter REST IN PEACE DEREK me tricia danni n nikki send our thoughts to maureen and your family we are totally numb we ll miss u mate

Knew Derek through my bro-in-law big Clarky fae foxbar and the McGarvey clan fae Renfrew , st mirren games , the tile bar and a couple of macfloyd concerts at the toon hall - Very sad and shocked when I heard - he was a smashin bloke and had black & white in his veins - ' Shine on you crazy diamond ! '

Jim & Rona McGarvey

One of my best mates... I am totally gutted. Can't believe it. The Tile will never be the same again... it was a really eerie experience in the pub after the game when the news filtered through - we were all just speechless and in shock, I'm still in shock.

Delboy - love you buddie, gone but NEVER forgotten mate.

John.

Hey folks, I posted a few wee vids of me and the man in the Tile, hope I'm allowed to do this and that nobody takes offence, classic Delboy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheVideoBell

I've just seen this. This is tragic news... what can I say? :(

I had only spoken to him on here.. well at least I think that's all,.. you speak to so many different faces in the paisley pubs after a few pints on a saturday, so who knows.

He also PM'd me a few times, one of which was to ask about the music I do and getting a CD. The most recent time was when I was up at an obsene hour reading these boards and he PM'd so see if I was ok. That's the kind of guy he was and I think that those who knew him properly can feel very privileged,.. very privileged indeed.

RIP buddie, don't forget your scarf.

Dave

Edited by Dave M

Just enjoying a nice, quiet Saturday in the house, content that Saints got through to the next round when the call came from Taxi Saint. Utterly stunned at this news. Really don't know what to say other than it's bloody awful and I feel so much for his family.

I only knew him for the last few years but he was always good company and an absolute die-hard Bud through & through. Taxi, Facepainter & I had the privilege of being accompanied to Darlington with Derek a year back in July and it was a great weekend with the man himself in good patter.

Last time I saw him was at McDiarmid just before Christmas and he was the same. He turned up with his scarf wrapped round his head from under his chin and over his ever-present bunnet. I quipped "Have ye got toothache?" He gave me a long, droll look and said, "Naw. How?" Shot down in flames. "I see ye're as funny as never..."

Very sad news indeed. RIP, mate; a true Buddie if ever there was one. :(