Sunny Foxbar Saint

I only found out about Derek's death today. This is awful news, and difficult to take in. I don't recall if I ever spoke to Derek in person but we had joked with one another on B&WArmy many times in recent years and we had many shared experiences about growing up in Foxbar in ye olde days.

R.I.P good Buddie.

As with some of the other guys,I only knew him as a witty and intelligent poster on here,but reading his friends posts you can see how much he meant to them.

Condolences to his family and friends

davie

same for me. condolences to Derek's Family and Friends.

chic

I didn't want to post this until it was 100% and Mrs SFS approved.

The idea was respectfully ran past Derek's wife Maureen who also thinks it is a good idea.

On behalf of everyone on Blackandwhitearmy.com, my idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

I'm sure Derek would be happy with this.

Spoke to Billy today and has agreed to give his top (signed) to the family which is very touching, he was saddened by the news and asked for his condolences to be passed on.

Billy Mehmet, an absolute gentleman. :notworthy

Edited by davidg

The idea was respectfully ran past Derek's wife Maureen who also thinks it is a good idea.

My idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

Spoke to Billy today and has agreed to give his top (signed) to the family which is very touching, he was saddened by the news and asked for his condolences to be passed on.

Billy Mehmet, an absolute gentleman. notworthy.gif

Well done David and pass on all our thanks to Billy Mehmet. As you said, a vert fitting gesture in a time when any small show of respect will, i'm sure, be gratefully received by Derek's family.

Edited by faraway saint

On behalf of everyone on Blackandwhitearmy.com, my idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

Great touch... well done Billy and David who done the chasing

I just signed up to YouTube to post these clips, doesn't seem to show themm all for some reason - must be me doing summat wrong, anyway, this one is good:

;-)

Nice wan John. I'll watch them tonight as I don'thave sound here.

Cheers mate

Thats a great idea David and well done Billy M!

Well done DavidG and hats off to another excellent bloke in Billy..... Im sure the family will appreciate your thought in doing this and Im upmost definately sure that Derek would have been so proud of you and Billy....

Lump in my throat David - Your a top bloke.

Can't really say it any better than that Mond.

It's a great gesture...well done David & Billy. :)

great stuff from billy mehmet and all those who organised it,spoke to maureens sister today - been talking to her for a year at work and never made the connection, seems the post mortem will be next week due to backlog of cases,

sleep well now derek

Edited by buddiecat