Sunny Foxbar Saint

I didn't want to post this until it was 100% and Mrs SFS approved.

The idea was respectfully ran past Derek's wife Maureen who also thinks it is a good idea.

On behalf of everyone on Blackandwhitearmy.com, my idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

I'm sure Derek would be happy with this.

Spoke to Billy today and has agreed to give his top (signed) to the family which is very touching, he was saddened by the news and asked for his condolences to be passed on.

Billy Mehmet, an absolute gentleman. notworthy.gif

Spoke to Maureen a short time ago, She is overwhelmed by this gesture, and has asked me to pass on her Thank's to David and in particular Billy Memhet for his support during this sad Time.

A post mortem will take place on Monday 18th January. Funeral Arangements have not been made at this time, But it is expected to take place sometime next week ?

I will keep members of B&W Army up to date of any arangements, once they have been made.

Spoke to Maureen a short time ago, She is overwhelmed by this gesture, and has asked me to pass on her Thank's to David and in particular Billy Memhet for his support during this sad Time.

A post mortem will take place on Monday 18th January. Funeral Arangements have not been made at this time, But it is expected to take place sometime next week ?

I will keep members of B&W Army up to date of any arangements, once they have been made.

Maybe not my place as I didn't know Derek, however with the gesture from Billy Mehmet maybe keep him/club posted as to funeral details as they may want to attend as a mark of respect from the club for what has been from what I read I true buddie.

Very saddened at this news. Got to know Derek via this site, and like many others I would recieve regular PMs from him. Wicked sense of humour, and a great taste in music. I was well chuffed to finally meet him at the Aber signing back in April, and he was a genuinely good guy, that I wish I'd known for longer.

SFS took a good picture as well, with some snowbound shots of the Town Hall & Abbey being particularly good. I ws recently thinking about asking for his permissson to get an artist I know in Liverpool to do a painting of his "Paisley Panaroma" pics, but that will just have to wait.

Favourite quote from Derek on this site ? Easy.....

A while back, Shull was in full cry, calling for part-time football in a 600+ word post. SFS responded with a suitable direct....... "Are you aff yer heid ?" :lol:

Edited by Big Fras

It's a wonderful gesture, Delboy would be delighted. Thanks for the update too big man.

John Bell.

I think a fitting tribute to Derek would be to attend his funeral wearing our colours.This is something i have spoke about to my wife as one of my wishes when the time comes.Maybe someone closer to Maureen like Feegie Saint can run this by her and get her views.

Still trying to come to terms with this

DEREK MENZIES=ONE OF US FOREVER

Terrible news, Derek was a friend of mine and no matter what the results we always had a laugh and a few beers in the Tile, condolences to his family and all the boys in the Tile

he always said he would get me wearing black and white sadly didnt think it would be this way

R.I.P Derek

From all the boys at the P.O.W

Edited by mortonalan

I'm another who knew the face, not the man. It's a pity it take a tragedy to unite everyone. I too, have sufferd a loss recently and it's amazing the kind words of comfort and well wishes you receive at these times to help lift your spirits. It would be a better place if we could keep this togetherness and tolerance throughout our journey, rather than just expressing them at moments of sorrow.

God bless you Derek. Hope your family and friends can find some comfort through your happiest memories.

Edited by BIG BEN

Close friend of my family, my friends and myself. Him and his best mate Jimmy took me to my first ever Saint Mirren game. He bought me a saints jersey for my 21st which I still wear to this day. Im truely upset that derek is gone, he was like an uncle to me and my firends.

Had a drink with him a few weeks ago after an away game where we got back late. Me and Feegie Saints son were completely out of cash after spending all our money on pies. Derek took us both to the tile and bought us a pint. He said we owe him a pint when we graduate from being tax dodgers. We didnt have the heart to tell him at the time that we left college years ago! We were going to head to the tile after the Alloa game to buy him a few pints back and we heard the news during the game :(

I didn't want to post this until it was 100% and Mrs SFS approved.

The idea was respectfully ran past Derek's wife Maureen who also thinks it is a good idea.

On behalf of everyone on Blackandwhitearmy.com, my idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

I'm sure Derek would be happy with this.

Spoke to Billy today and has agreed to give his top (signed) to the family which is very touching, he was saddened by the news and asked for his condolences to be passed on.

Billy Mehmet, an absolute gentleman. :notworthy

I was going to ask Maureen if we could get a top made for him but the mehmet top is a fantastic gesture.

RIP Buddy. :(

P.S My mother called me to say that theres a front page tribute in the paisley express today!

Would like to ask for everyones help at half time tonight.

Phil will be paying respect to John Gray (who also recently passed away) and then Derek Menzies,over the tannoy then there will be a short pause before the song requested by Maureen starts in order to give us in the West Bank the chance to sing a couple of choruses of 'There's only 1 Derek Menzies'.

Please spread the word & most importantly JOIN IN!!!!!. <_<

Thanks.

Would like to ask for everyones help at half time tonight.

Phil will be paying respect to John Gray (who also recently passed away) and then Derek Menzies,over the tannoy then there will be a short pause before the song requested by Maureen starts in order to give us in the West Bank the chance to sing a couple of choruses of 'There's only 1 Derek Menzies'.

Please spread the word & most importantly JOIN IN!!!!!. <_<

Thanks.

If the tannoy is working at St.Mirren Park :unsure:

Maureen will be taking Dereks seat Tonight ! The First time she has been to see the Saints at Greenhill Road ? As she has said to Derek - I was born in Greenhill Road rolleyes.gif He never took her for some apparent Reason ? RIP Buddies - Make Sum Noise ( for a change ) laugh.gif

Well, could hardly have been a better result for Derek's wife, I'm sure she felt some confort from being there on a night we won, Derek would have loved every second.

Hope she finds strength in the weeks to come, we are all with her. smile.gif