Sunny Foxbar Saint

Can't make the funeral but I'll be there in spirit.

I'll mark his decline,

With some Thunderbird wine,

And a black and white handkerchief.

Classy. blink.gif

Those are lines from "Sweet Gene Vincent" by Ian Dury

And I knew that? blink.gif

Well, it didn't stop you from making a derogatory comment.

I couldnt go to the service due to a long-standing work commitment. My wife and son, who both knew Derek, went in my absence. i have to admit to choking up a little when my wife called and told me about the Johnny Cash and Satch'mo tunes.

A helpful soul asked me why I was upset, after I explained the circumstances he mouthed the obligatory "well I'm sure your friend would have wanted you to carry on", which made me smile as I replied "no, Derek would have told me to stuff work, throw a sickie and get my arse down the Tile bar"

Sorry I missed your day mate, but I'll be missing you for a long time anyway.

RIP Derek

Although I went to service earlier in the week, I never managed to get to the Liberal club afterwards due to work so I went into the Tile after the game last night (via the Argyll of course!) and had a round of Guinness with my mate Kenny to remember Derek - I'd always said I'd meet up with SFS for a pint, but never got round to it. :(

Thanks Vambo for coming over and introducing yourself, Eastlands Saint, Buddiecat, Scottd, Wee Geordie and of course Facepainter87. Apologies if I missed anyone out. Good to meet you guys. :guinness

I assume the story about SFS's ST last night was not a wind up. :angry: I hope the issue has been resolved.

Balfy.

It was a really nice gesture for you guys to come round and raise a glass to Delboy, nice meeting you, cheers mate!

John.

His star in the Sky is shining tonight - His star on the park was awsome tonight B) Heaven is jumping , And they are running oot of Guiness :D

I had quite a few in the Argyll pre and post match :D

Yep, I must admit I thought of Derek after watching that performance, and from Mehmet in particular.

We've waited 55 years since 1955 to get there ..... This is our year Dell boy B)

This is Maureen here. I would just like to thank everyone on the Black and White Army forum for all their thoughts and tributes to Derek. Derek's family and myself were overwhelmed by all the people who attended the funeral and our nephew has printed all the posts for Derek's mum to look at. We would all like to thank St Mirren FC and Billy Mehmet in particular for his brilliant gesture. Derek would be really chuffed. I hope to continue using Derek's avatar although I won't be as funny and witty as him!

This is Maureen here. I would just like to thank everyone on the Black and White Army forum for all their thoughts and tributes to Derek. Derek's family and myself were overwhelmed by all the people who attended the funeral and our nephew has printed all the posts for Derek's mum to look at. We would all like to thank St Mirren FC and Billy Mehmet in particular for his brilliant gesture. Derek would be really chuffed. I hope to continue using Derek's avatar although I won't be as funny and witty as him!

I immediately thought of Derek when the game finished last night.He was a gem of a guy and im proud to have called him a friend.I met one of your workmates Frank Zielinsky at Dereks funeral and the strange thing is we were all junior supporters together.God bless you Maureen.Hope to see you at St Mirren park some time soon.

Although I went to service earlier in the week, I never managed to get to the Liberal club afterwards due to work so I went into the Tile after the game last night (via the Argyll of course!) and had a round of Guinness with my mate Kenny to remember Derek - I'd always said I'd meet up with SFS for a pint, but never got round to it. :(

Thanks Vambo for coming over and introducing yourself, Eastlands Saint, Buddiecat, Scottd, Wee Geordie and of course Facepainter87. Apologies if I missed anyone out. Good to meet you guys. :guinness

I assume the story about SFS's ST last night was not a wind up. :angry: I hope the issue has been resolved.

Balfy.

Nice to meet you & Kenny too and I'm sure Derek was raising a pint last night too :cheers

I immediately thought of Derek when the game finished last night.He was a gem of a guy and im proud to have called him a friend.I met one of your workmates Frank Zielinsky at Dereks funeral and the strange thing is we were all junior supporters together.God bless you Maureen.Hope to see you at St Mirren park some time soon.

I've worked with Frank for 5 years now and he told me that he was one of the guys who started up the junior supporters many years ago. He still goes to the occasional game, and I'm sure he'll be at the final. I'm sorry to say that I didn't see him at Derek's funeral.

Here is a wee song written by John Bell a close friend of SFS, you can download and listen to it by going to the link.

http://www.johnbell.co.uk/sfs/

My Sunny Saint

My Sunny Saint

We laughed so hard we cried

Tears welling up in my eyes

Draining off your Dublin Blue

Two more for me and you

Shaking like a bag of bones

Laughing right through to our toes

The bar and bus: they're calling time

...and we feel fine

My Sunny Saint

You're making me laugh, you're making me cry

Keeping me warm when it's cold outside

Just one ray of light shining down from you...

...and I'll feel fine My Sunny Saint

My Sunny Saint

Too soon for us to say goodbye

But thank you for the light in my life

And if I'm old and feeling blue

I'll still raise one to me and you

And when I get to feeling so sad

I'll think about the times we had

So let the bartender call for time

...cause I feel fine

My Sunny Saint

My Sunny Saint

You make me feel good, you make me feel high

When I'm with you it's always black and white

Here is a wee song written by John Bell a close friend of SFS, you can download and listen to it by going to the link.

http://www.johnbell.co.uk/sfs/

My Sunny Saint

My Sunny Saint

We laughed so hard we cried

Tears welling up in my eyes

Draining off your Dublin Blue

Two more for me and you

Shaking like a bag of bones

Laughing right through to our toes

The bar and bus: they're calling time

...and we feel fine

My Sunny Saint

My Sunny Saint

Too soon for us to say goodbye

But thank you for the light in my life

And if I'm old and feeling blue

I'll still raise one to me and you

And when I get to feeling so sad

I'll think about the times we had

So let the bartender call for time

...cause I feel fine

My Sunny Saint

My Sunny Saint

You make me feel good, you make me feel high

When I'm with you it's always black and white

It beats Big " Broony's " Wee Jingle - Dint It ? :rolleyes:B)