Sunny Foxbar Saint

Just want to echo the sentiment of the gesture between DavidG and BillyM, really nice touch.

As I said the other day, I knew I had a few pics of Derek on my laptop, I will attach them here, I have 1 or 2 others, so if anyone would like any sent, then drop me a pm or email

post-2028-12633394204496_thumb.jpg

post-2028-12633394367927_thumb.jpg

post-2028-12633394556808_thumb.jpg

I'm sure she felt some confort from being there on a night we won, Derek would have loved every second.

Hope she finds strength in the weeks to come, we are all with her. smile.gif

Think Derek would now be saying I wish I had took the missus every week.....

Derek will be so proud that Maureen was there and he was there with her sitting from above cheering us along to 3 points..... Well done Maureen and Dell boy from above..... Thoughts are with you Maureen

My old mans going in for a serious op tomorrow (could affect his life in a big way) naturally I will be saying a few prayers tomorrow while hes under the knife but I'll certainly be saying one for Derek .... and also one for Maureen

Well done tonight :)

Derek will be so proud that Maureen was there and he was there with her sitting from above cheering us along to 3 points..... Well done Maureen and Dell boy from above..... Thoughts are with you Maureen

My old mans going in for a serious op tomorrow (could affect his life in a big way) naturally I will be saying a few prayers tomorrow while hes under the knife but I'll certainly be saying one for Derek .... and also one for Maureen

Well done tonight smile.gif

The Lad's done us proud tonight ! Maureen was well chuffed ! She was asking where do the Linesmen Get Them fancy boots from ? wink.gif

The Lad's done us proud tonight ! Maureen was well chuffed ! She was asking where do the Linesmen Get Them fancy boots from ? wink.gif

LOL! Here's a wee vid edit I took at the game, Colin, Neil, Peter, Maureen and Chick, I've added it to the Derek Menzies 'Collection' (lol!) on YouTube...:

Cheers

John.

p.s. had a great night guys, enjoyed the beers and chinwag, marvellous!

LOL! Here's a wee vid edit I took at the game, Colin, Neil, Peter, Maureen and Chick, I've added it to the Derek Menzies 'Collection' (lol!) on YouTube...:

Cheers

John.

p.s. had a great night guys, enjoyed the beers and chinwag, marvellous!

Cheers John , Maureen was going to come to the Tile ! But she was overcome by the whole occasion ? ( Thanks again for all your support )

Charlie

Just found out tonight about the sad loss of Sunny Foxbar Saint to the love street in the sky. sad.gif

Thoughts are with his family and good friends at this hard time.

Thanks Hollz for getting the pictures, hope i'm not getting the blame for your computer being broken.

Remember the night well, but cant find the video of SFS, buddiecool, sandman and Qarsaan's lad singing saints songs.

Cheers Cockles , I remember the time that Me & Derek got lifted on My Stag night ( August 1980 ) We spent the night in Mill St police station , And We got charged with trying to steal a 1947 Daimler Bus from - Believe it or not , Well Street in Paisley.

We got the Idea from the Clint Eastwood Movie ? ( My brother ? My best man, Had been arrested and taking to Mill St ) So me and Derek tried to liberate Him ? We Didnae sucseed - cause the Bus widnae start ! We ended up in Mill St all the same ? We were aquited after the subsequent Trial - And we lived happily ever after - Till last week ? :( RIP miss u M8 :(

I didn't want to post this until it was 100% and Mrs SFS approved.

The idea was respectfully ran past Derek's wife Maureen who also thinks it is a good idea.

On behalf of everyone on Blackandwhitearmy.com, my idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

I'm sure Derek would be happy with this.

Spoke to Billy today and has agreed to give his top (signed) to the family which is very touching, he was saddened by the news and asked for his condolences to be passed on.

Billy Mehmet, an absolute gentleman. :notworthy

Well done mate,great gesture....

Edited by buckfast crew

Few Randoms 011.jpg

Back row left to right, Qarsson, SFS, Stripey, El Nombre

Front row left to right, Feegie Saint, Cockles, Sandman, Me

SFS helped me demolish a couple of bottles of Malt that night.

Yes for such a poorly attended B&W army function it ended up a fine auld melee................

That picture was taken before Stripey joined a 1% Biker gang...............

And I think you'll find the person to your left is 'Me'..........................cool.gif

Well done tonight :)

Raymond

Hope all goes well for your old man today

Their is a piece on the Back page of the PDE regarding the tribute to Derek Entitled : Supporters Sing to Salute tragic Derek B)

I saw the bit in the paper,that's why I was asking.I never heard Phil mention it nor did I hear the crowd. :blink:

I think a fitting tribute to Derek would be to attend his funeral wearing our colours.This is something i have spoke about to my wife as one of my wishes when the time comes.Maybe someone closer to Maureen like Feegie Saint can run this by her and get her views.

Still trying to come to terms with this

DEREK MENZIES=ONE OF US FOREVER

Maureen called me to say that the family would be delighted if everyone who will be attending Dereks Funeral ( It doesnt look as if it will be till the week begining 25th January - due to a backlog ) wears club colours in a celebration of Dereks Life.

Again I will keep B&w Army members informed of any arangements as soon as i have them.

Dunno if the moderators can fix this, but any chance we could get the SFS thread pinned until the funeral arrangements are sorted out etc? Would just be a wee bit easier as other items appear in the forum etc....

Just a thought.

John.

I'll keep it pinned until the funeral.