1 Best & 1 Worst Saints kits

The old Ajax style one from the early 70s is best.(The one Sandman is displaying on his posts these days)

The Bib is the worst.

'beat me to it Bud.

If I remember rightly, and maybe I don't, the Ajax style kit was worn the night I watched Alistair MacLeod put 4 psst them at the Hunnery.

'beat me to it Bud.

If I remember rightly, and maybe I don't, the Ajax style kit was worn the night I watched Alistair MacLeod put 4 psst them at the Hunnery.

psst....you remember correctly. :wink:

Yes, it was..

A1994-95-2nd.jpg[1994-953rd.jpg

I have that red & black top, got it for £5 at a cheap footy shop in leicester in about 98, at the last game at LS I got it signed by frank mcgarvey and yardley, I remember wearing it to school in 99 for a non-uniform day, everyone saying who the hell is that.

here you go guys. found this for you all to remind us of all the home strips that the buds had.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

hope you enjoy.

thanks for this!

I forgot all about that horrible Admiral one with the sponsor name going vertically from 96-97. That's probably my worst! Or the black & white halves from 94-95

Best: - last season's :)

thanks for this!

I forgot all about that horrible Admiral one with the sponsor name going vertically from 96-97. That's probably my worst! Or the black & white halves from 94-95

haha, I loved that Kit, the black away one with the the white pin stripes. Great kit imo.....

thanks for this!

:rolleyes:

Hey! Thats a great top, but mibbes you have to see it close up in real life to appreciate it.

But my favourite is the '62 strip! Striped shorts and all!

We should just wear all white for an away strip.

Edited by Vambo57

• 3 years later...

Fav .... All Black with the Paisley Pattern through it, early 1990's I think

Worst ..... Sorry for saying this 1987 Cup Final.... Not real Black and White stripes !

I was in Norwich visiting a mate when the all black strip was out. We went to a few pubs and then on to a nightclub. I was standing at the bar trying to attract some chick attention with my sexy, west coast Scottish drunken slevering, when i saw this guy along fron me wearing the black Kelvin Homes top. I staggered over to him and flung my arms round him like a long lost brother and started "the first goal was scored by Guni....." etc....etc... He gave me this angry look and said in a strong cockney accent "get the fack owf ov me you fackin jock caant" i told him i was a Saints fan too and he replied "who tha fack are they Jocky" it turns out that strip was popular outwith Scotland because it was one of the first all black strips. I should have known he wasnt a Bud cos he looked like a wank and was drinking Shandy. Still had a cracking night mind you!

Best: My first ever Saints strip, the all black away one from the early 90's. Had the Paisley Pattern on it as well I think.

Worst: The new season's efforts are awful (although these may look worse compared to the most recent season's belters) or any of the pale blue efforts we've had over the years.

Best Home - 1970 season kit - classic stripes, round neck, none of your fancy shite collar nonsense

Best Away - tied equal for the all black and last season's effort.

Worst - 1987 Clydeside buses sponsored abomination

Best : 1970 (as pictured left) Stripes, Black trim and white socks cannot be beaten (although last year's was pretty smart).

Worst equal : the spilt paint job from the mid 1990's, the 87-9 bibs (home and away) and the 60's stripey shorts were all nightmares

Favourite? I have a few. The pinstripe pearler from the 87 cup win, the Cetco sponsored one from 2000 and the League Cup winning one from last season. I'd go for last season's as the top one - loved it.

Least favourite? Again there are a few in contention. The 96/97 white effort with the thin black stripes was one I didn't care for, the pale blue away effort from 07/08, but the clear winner for me, and a strip which I had, and which I squeezed my 14 year old self into, was the absolutely dreadful, disgusting, horrendous debacle which was the bib. Need I say more?

Favourite? I have a few. The pinstripe pearler from the 87 cup win, the Cetco sponsored one from 2000 and the League Cup winning one from last season. I'd go for last season's as the top one - loved it.

Least favourite? Again there are a few in contention. The 96/97 white effort with the thin black stripes was one I didn't care for, the pale blue away effort from 07/08, but the clear winner for me, and a strip which I had, and which I squeezed my 14 year old self into, was the absolutely dreadful, disgusting, horrendous debacle which was the bib. Need I say more?

The bib strip replica was great in one respect - it had a fuzzy lining which was cozy while playing 5s outdoors in the winter at Pitz in Paisley. I never suffered from hypothermia wearing the bib 'back in the day'. Other than that, it was an abomination.