1 Best & 1 Worst Saints kits

• 2 weeks later...

Best: 1959 cup winning Strip

Worst: This season's yellow Dumbarton style third kit

I agree with TT on both counts, although I also have a soft spot for the strip we wore in the 1962 cup final when we lost to the **** 2-0. Several of my all-time-favourite Saints played in that game, so I always associate that kit with them.

Did you see what I did there Tom? Strip AND kit?

Best: 1959 cup winning Strip

Worst: This season's yellow Dumbarton style third kit

I am also aware that I have used the term "strip" and "kit" and I really do not know why. I am just hilarious me at times!

It isnae' Dumbarton yellow style, it's Borussia Dortmund yellow style. Here to help....

post-5834-0-86685300-1372762227_thumb.jp

Edited by pozbaird

here you go guys. found this for you all to remind us of all the home strips that the buds had.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

hope you enjoy.

Nice one dude! smile.png

I can't recall thinking it at the time...but that home kit of 1999-00 just looks awesome! Simple, stylish, elegant and timeless. Usually I'm a fan of black shorts and socks but that 1999-00 kit would be welcomed back anytime.

I reckon the sponsor makes the difference in a way, as does the fact that there are no yellows/reds creeping in anywhere, it would very much be ruined by this years sponsor logo, which is a monster!

Edited by ss39Lavety

• 3 months later...

Best 1970 as worn by Ally MacLeod - scorer of four at Ibrox

Worst : That 1990's away kit Looks like an accident in a Dulux factory!

Seeing that pic of Eddie Galagher got me thinking about how many games he played for us; I remember him running riot in Ayr one night.

Anyways, had a look on wikipedia and found this which brough back some memories of players from the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:St._Mirren_F.C._players

My favourite Saints kit ever was last seasons. Simple stripes, relatively discreet sponsor in keeping with the shirt colour, white shorts, white socks. How it should be!

Oh and we won the cup in it aswell :D

The worst in my memory was that black sleeved thing Hummel thing with the arrows on the sleeves, think we had it in Danny's first season.