Ballymena Utd v Saints

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the vote on confidence, I haven't yet lost my phone and no I am not drunk B)

Sorry I forgot to text updates during the game (I'm sory) and I have had not been able to get online in Ballymena as the wi-fi was gubbed, just back in Belfast now, so here I am now B)

As for the game, well I thought the first half as probably everyone else did was pretty rubbish, not really anything exciting to note. The team came out in the 2nd half and played a lot better, I thought McQuade had a great game and he took his goal well.

Ally Love came on and impressed, much like he did against Brechin. Its good to know we have a player in the team with a good left foot, he nearly scored another peach of a goal but it was just wide, but certainly very promising from him.

Marc McAusland was on the bench and played the last 5 minutes or so, Love, Murray, Thomson all came on, and we were much improved in the 2nd half.

Dargo nicked a goal at the death too, tbh I never really saw it, but apparently he took his shot and it may have rebounded over a defender and over the keeper, but a goal is a goal.

No injuries or anything to report, and was a nice wee afternoon out, hopefully tonight will be as well :)

(Oh and Barlow was in fine form as usuall)

Have tae agree with you there...especially on first half, it was depressing.

Yer man Love was pointed out to me and looks a decent act.

Hope you got back OK, remember giving you that taxi number and not seeing you since!

She will have lost her phone :rolleyes:

Have tae agree with you there...especially on first half, it was depressing.

Yer man Love was pointed out to me and looks a decent act.

Hope you got back OK, remember giving you that taxi number and not seeing you since!

txt messages from Hollz - the fone is not lost!

one just came thru right now - she is only on her 2nd pint - plenty of time yet to lose the phone :lol:

A few observations about yesterday. As others have said, the first half was crap, apart from a good shot that came back off the woodwork. Second half was much better, but still not great. We need to remember who we were playing - these guys are still part timers in pre-season. Still, a win's a win! I thought McGregor looked pretty useful, as did McGowan and McQuade. Wardlaw looks like a poor man's Higdon. Dargo scored with a deflected shot that left the keeper stranded, but otherwise was sh*te. The rest were pretty ordinary. Saints fans were in good voice as usual. Ballymena have a good wee set up - nice stadium with improvemens goin on, several other pitches in the complex, a good wee soial club and a bar in the ground.

A few observations about yesterday. As others have said, the first half was crap, apart from a good shot that came back off the woodwork. Second half was much better, but still not great. We need to remember who we were playing - these guys are still part timers in pre-season. Still, a win's a win! I thought McGregor looked pretty useful, as did McGowan and McQuade. Wardlaw looks like a poor man's Higdon. Dargo scored with a deflected shot that left the keeper stranded, but otherwise was sh*te. The rest were pretty ordinary. Saints fans were in good voice as usual. Ballymena have a good wee set up - nice stadium with improvemens goin on, several other pitches in the complex, a good wee soial club and a bar in the ground.

Just the thing we could do with at GHR pity its a non starter (in the eyes of the BOD)

Edited by smfcjordon

Could there be a more damning assessment of a player's ability?