Embedding onto forums

gudmunder

I apologise in advance if this subject has been covered. I've tried on several occasions to embed a YouTube video onto my reply posts without success. Any wizard out there that can supply an idiots guide to doing this. I've carried out various ways from different "Expert sites" and nothing seems to work. I'm also aware that you cannot embed all YouTube videos for various reasons. Any advice? :huh:

I apologise in advance if this subject has been covered. I've tried on several occasions to embed a YouTube video onto my reply posts without success. Any wizard out there that can supply an idiots guide to doing this. I've carried out various ways from different "Expert sites" and nothing seems to work. I'm also aware that you cannot embed all YouTube videos for various reasons. Any advice? :huh:

When you're replying to a post, click the 'Insert Media' button, above to where you are typing your reply and then paste the video's address into the box, press insert and that's it.

Result:

Edited by Murray7

As the good man above has said, it's really a lot easier than you think.

When you are adding post click the little screen icon which is the last one on the right of the second row of icons that opens when you are making a post.

A box will pop up asking for your "Media URL". Simply paste the address of your Youtube clip in there. The click "Insert Media".

This will put something like this into your post;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ2tsTC4_3g[/media]

When you then submit your post this code is auto-magically transformed into the embedded YouTube clip like so;

Simples.

My link

Oops.....not quite got the hang of it yet :unsure:

It doesn't always work with the link.............

If you just type the word media enclosed in square brackets then paste the address from youtube and follow up with /media in square brackets it'll work.......................

Like below, it'll only let me type in one without trying to embed.............

[/media], it'll work.....................

Edited by The Sandman