Top 5 Bands You Haven't Seen Live

davidg

Having witnessed Slade in 75ish, Nazareth, the Clash(6 times), The Ramones all at the Apollo and Hanoi Rocks with Johnny Thunders as support at Nightmoves, The Undertones at Tiffanys a couple of times,the recent amazing Green Day gigs, with Rush thrown in a few times for good measure my auld bastardness has stood me in good stead.............................

I regret not having seen Mott the Hoople, The Spiders from Mars, Mick Ronson, the Stone Roses (although I was unfortunate enough to witness 'well known non St Mirren supporter' Ian Brown in Manchester a few years ago at an event also blighted by Paul f**kin Weller, who drove out the 'John Mowat 77' by his 2nd alleged song) and the wonderful Beat, although I saw Ranking Roger supporting BAD..........................

Anyone wishing to have seen the Beatles, Queen, The Who, The Jam or Runrig, clearly has mental issues....................

Edited by The Sandman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Saw him at The Apollo in '80 on the Uprising tour. He was supported by the I Threes (his wife Rita & two other female singers) who were a sorta reggae-gospel fusion and also the backing vocalists for the Wailers. At the end of the support set the lights went off and a spotlight tracked Bob as he made his way to the front of the stage, walked straight into the microphone and bust out giggling - this seemed to go on for a good half-minute when the band kicked into Trenchtown Rock. For two hours Marley delivered a superb set mainly Uprising and the bulk of what would eventually appear on the Legend album.

Sad thing about the night was the attendance - we got our tickets on the night and were fairly near the front I doubt whether The Apollo was any more than half-full (1500-2000 at most) which given UK sales of Legend are approaching 3 million always astounds me. Especially strange given that a number of punk bands like The Clash, The Ruts & SLF (to name three off the top of my head) obviously appreciated reggae that The Wailers seemed to be destinctly unfashionable at the time - Year Zero + 3! :spud3

Edited by Bud the Baker

Since my first ever gig - Slade at the Apollo in 1974, I've been lucky enough to see just about everyone I really wanted to. From 1977 to the mid 1980s I spent half my life at the Apollo, mostly hard rock gigs. Rush, UFO, Lizzy, The Who. the list goes on. Saw Led Zeppelin at Knebworth, and U2 in front of a small crowd at Strathclyde Uni in 1980. From those old days at the Apollo I regret not seeing Deep Purple, but that's the only one.

Edited by pozbaird

was also at the bob marley gig at the apollo,was the only gig in there that i smelled

something other than stale beer and mold.

bands that i wish id seen....pink floyd,van halen supporting sabbath,the rolling stones at the apollo,the pistols at the silver thread(did it happen?) and jimi hendrix.