I Phone

Liverpool Bud

Hopefully somneone who is a techie and owns an iphone can asist me

Im about to upgrade my phone and im considering an I phone - the only downside is that its a qwerty touch keyboard

Does anyone who owns a an Iphone know of an app that can be downloaded to change to text interface to T9 - to simulate my previous phones buttons?

cheers

ally

No app will do that. Why would Apple allow anyone to mess with their keypad method? And to be honest, you wouldn't want it once you got used to it.

Try typing an email on an iPod touch. if you can before you buy.

Well worth it.

Agreed. Replacing the Apple predictive dictionary with T9 would be like buying a Rolls Royce and putting a Skoda engine in it.

Don't live in the dark ages Ally :P

Agreed. Replacing the Apple predictive dictionary with T9 would be like buying a Rolls Royce and putting a Skoda engine in it.

Don't live in the dark ages Ally :P

f**k all wrong with Skoda engines Baldy,they're a mix of Audi and VW.

Being a bit of a traditionalist I mainly use my phone as a phone; however there is some pressure for me to start picking up email on the f'k'n thing. How do you pay for the t'internet / email on these new fangled start trekkie devices?

Most contracts for 'smartphones' include unlimited data usage so it doesn't cost you anything to either send email, or download and read your email (beyond your normal monthly charge). However, if you don't have unlimited data (or go above your set data allowance) then you have to pay them for using their network. If you're on a contract they'll add it on to your monthly bill. If you're on pay as you go you'll have to pay for it then and there.