Saints Aid

North Sea Saint

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why were Smisa not running Saints Aid this year?

It had been intended that last year's was going to be the last one we did before 10000 Hours took it on. We were subsequently approached about doing one this year, but due to a combination of time constraints and personal circumstances meaning that people couldn't commit to taking it on, unfortunately we simply weren't in any position to do so. In any other year my guess is we would have done it but it simply wasn't possible this time sadly.

I've heard varying accounts of how successful the 'Saint for a Day' event was. It seems that there may have been some of the usual organisational issues on the club side of things, but by and large it seems to have been a successful event with more put behind it, and I'm glad of that. Here's hoping the club learn any lessons needed for any future ones. As I've said elsewhere, a fans game is an easy hit to raise money for YD, and there's really no losers with it, only winners. :)