Dear Gus

Its madness that people are calling for Lennons head already! We need to give him time to get his full sguad on the park and change the way we play. At the moment most of our mistakes are coming from individual error, so its not all Lennons fault. Although i do admit alot of his signings dont look to be good enough.

He needs to be give time though. If we're bottom by a few points with about 6 or 7 games to go, id sack him then and try and get some experienced head in for the last few games.

But until then we need to back him and get behind him!!

Its madness that people are calling for Lennons head already! We need to give him time to get his full sguad on the park and change the way we play. At the moment most of our mistakes are coming from individual error, so its not all Lennons fault. Although i do admit alot of his signings dont look to be good enough.

He needs to be give time though. If we're bottom by a few points with about 6 or 7 games to go, id sack him then and try and get some experienced head in for the last few games.

But until then we need to back him and get behind him!!

That would be the worst time to do it IMO....

However, I agree with your original statement in that it is mental folk are calling for his head already he needs time to build his squad and find the system that suits etc.

6 games........with a depleted squad

so mssing players that gus signed are key?

We were never going to be anything other than a struggling side with the reduction in money from TV, dwindling gates and the quality of and apathy for football in Scotland in general.

how are we different from any other club in that respect?

its ironic that the knicker wetters never used these excuses when gus was boss! :wink:

so mssing players that gus signed are key?

No, missing players are the key. :blink:

how are we different from any other club in that respect?

its ironic that the knicker wetters never used these excuses when gus was boss!

Gus was shite/average/good season after season - that's why excuses/reasons/praise never came in this form. He had a bigger wage budget - fact. He had Setanta money - fact. He was given time - fact.

Danny Lennon has been in charge for 6 proper matches. He has a drastically reduced wage budget. He has no TV money to spend. People are calling for his head already.

Gary Blues, you were so desperate for Gus to stay after a long time in charge in which there was no real improvement. Now you are so keen for Danny to go after no time at all. You make no sense whatsoever.

No, missing players are the key. :blink:

and it just so happens that they were all signed by gus? are lennon's signings not good enough to step up to the mark?

gus was shite/average/good season after season - that's why excuses/reasons/praise never came in this form.

he did better than any other manager in the past 20 years.

He had a bigger wage budget - fact. He had Setanta money - fact.

as did every other club and manager - fact.

He was given time - fact.

and was very successful - fact.

Danny Lennon has been in charge for 6 proper matches. He has a drastically reduced wage budget.

his wage budget is 15% less than gus' last season, all of which was recovered by replacing howard & smith with samson, every club's budget has been reduced.

He has no TV money to spend.

yes he does

Gary Blues, you were so desperate for Gus to stay after a long time in charge in which there was no real improvement.

taking us from years of struggling in the first division to a 5th season in the SPL, first scottish cup semi in 22 years, first league cup final in 55 years, 3 victories over the old firm and our highest league finishes in 20 years was "no real improvement"? :wacko:

Now you are so keen for Danny to go after no time at all. You make no sense whatsoever.

you hated gus so much and wanted him out yet are so keen toi back a manager who is performing considerably worse?

if we lose at motherwell on saturday it will equal our worst start to a season in 77 years - fact.

and it just so happens that they were all signed by gus? are lennon's signings not good enough to step up to the mark?

he did better than any other manager in the past 20 years.

as did every other club and manager - fact.

and was very successful - fact.

his wage budget is 15% less than gus' last season, all of which was recovered by replacing howard & smith with samson, every club's budget has been reduced.

yes he does

taking us from years of struggling in the first division to a 5th season in the SPL, first scottish cup semi in 22 years, first league cup final in 55 years, 3 victories over the old firm and our highest league finishes in 20 years was "no real improvement"? :wacko:

you hated gus so much and wanted him out yet are so keen toi back a manager who is performing considerably worse?

if we lose at motherwell on saturday it will equal our worst start to a season in 77 years - fact.

You sound just like that Gary Blues bloke that comes on here from time to time. :rolleyes:

I'd have thought that the whole point of having an alias would be to be different from your main user name, not to repeat the same stuff word for word.

Got to say that I find the amount of 'pro MacPherson anti Lennon' or 'pro Lennon anti MacPherson' posts to be just about the most pointless and irrelevant bullshit on both of the main St Mirren forums just now. How about just being pro St Mirren and recognising Gus MacPherson's achievements in delivering relative success, while wishing Danny Lennon all the best now that he's got the gig? Feck' me, might as well compare Danny Lennon to Tom Hendrie or Rikki MacFarlane for all the fcuking good it's going to do.

As for gus been given time, he hardly was! We were nearly 2nd division when he got the gig, imagine if he wasnt the right guy and wed got relegated?

No one in any league really has time to get it right, we cant get rooted to the bottom of the table when its going to be hard enough to stay up as it is.

Lennon had a good start (think most will go to parkhead n get that kind of result) but to not get any points out of three games where we were quite capable of getting 9 is criminal, i mean before the games i though it have been content/expect to get 5 points.

Its far from over yet but the team has to get the finger out and get points on the board and try make up for points weve thrown away already!

Got to say that I find the amount of 'pro MacPherson anti Lennon' or 'pro Lennon anti MacPherson' posts to be just about the most pointless and irrelevant bullshit on both of the main St Mirren forums just now. How about just being pro St Mirren and recognising Gus MacPherson's achievements in delivering relative success, while wishing Danny Lennon all the best now that he's got the gig? Feck' me, might as well compare Danny Lennon to Tom Hendrie or Rikki MacFarlane for all the fcuking good it's going to do.

Im not pro/anti anyone, im just anti people talking out their arses!

I was a fan of gus but id love lennon to out shine his success! Just get annoyed when certain people make out McPherson to be a thorn in our side and that he was holding SMFC back when this wasnt the case. I get annoyed that the "gusophiles" wallow in our current prediciment too.

Its f**k all to do with Gus or danny, its all about st mirren and thats all that should matter!

:D

Well Bloody Said......

Gary Blues, Silent Majority - Whatever.... get over it man!

Give it a chance, if it aint working come xams, then we can review it and see wither its time to shout for heids!

You sound just like that Gary Blues bloke that comes on here from time to time. :rolleyes:

I'd have thought that the whole point of having an alias would be to be different from your main user name, not to repeat the same stuff word for word.

Oh come on! Surely you're not suggesting that The Silent Majority is an alias. This guy doesn't use capitals, so it can't be the Captain/Gary Blues/CSX/Madeleine.... :rolleyes:

To be honest, I reckon the pipe fitter has literally consumed Andy, and is now assuming his identities too. It's quite chilling really :(

Aye, it's tedious shite.

Your facts are wrong.:rolleyes:

In 2000-01 our record after 9 games was 1 win 1 draw and 7 defeats.

But I suppose 'worst start in 10 years' doesn't sound quite as apocalyptic as 'worst start in 77 years' does it? Your stats are letting you down.:P

Gus

+'s = going from near bottom of 1st division to spl, staying in spl, national cup final.

-'s = aging and injury prone signing policy, short termism, not brilliant at PR with fans.

Danny

+'s = ability to sign players from lower divisions who don't look out of place in spl, good pr with fans.

-'s = three defeats on the trot to teams round about us (arguably though Gus did this more than once too)

Sir Alex

+'s = there must have been about 25,000 plusses

-'s = there must have been about...............ooops see what I did there

In short go through all of saints past managers and there will be plusses and minuses, surely all we care about is SMFC and wish them all the best at all times. I'd be sad if I thought a saints fan wanted us to crash and burn because the don't like the manager. After all though Gus was sacked he may well have walked (like Jimmy Calderwood) when he was told the budget for this season.

We lost but you are wrong.

Both the 1991-92 and 2000-1 seasons had a poorer start.

For what it is worth I saw some promising signs today (as I was at the match).

Gus

+'s = going from near bottom of 1st division to spl, staying in spl, national cup final.

-'s = aging and injury prone signing policy, short termism, not brilliant at PR with fans.

Danny

+'s = ability to sign players from lower divisions who don't look out of place in spl, good pr with fans.

-'s = three defeats on the trot to teams round about us (arguably though Gus did this more than once too)

Sir Alex

+'s = there must have been about 25,000 plusses

-'s = there must have been about...............ooops see what I did there

In short go through all of saints past managers and there will be plusses and minuses, surely all we care about is SMFC and wish them all the best at all times. I'd be sad if I thought a saints fan wanted us to crash and burn because the don't like the manager. After all though Gus was sacked he may well have walked (like Jimmy Calderwood) when he was told the budget for this season.

He walked

Gus was sacked ..........fact

The board asked him to say he walked........fact

Why do you always bring our x manager in to the discussions are you infatuated with him .........ya weirdo

I hope you aren't referring to me with that remark.

It seems that if you mention Gus then you are obsessed, but then if you say that we should stop talking about him then you are denying his achievements. Make up your mind people.:rolleyes: