Dear Gus

Nothing. Gus did exactly the same 2 seasons ago :P

I've stuck Andy and his various aliases on ignore, but assume from the quote you use that he was responding to my earlier post.

GB knows fine well that I was talking about the more 'open' approach Lennon appears to have. Indeed, the very point I was making was that this is not ultimately how he'll be judged, as we are not a shower of naive, gullible sheep as was suggested

Yet more GB mischief-making - best ignored <_<

What is "refreshing" about being bottom of the league, getting knocked out of the cup in the first round to lower league opposition, having our worst start to a season in 20 years, playing even more negative football than the previous manager, having a lack of scouting contacts and not playing any youth players?

:lol::lol: :lol: Gus never ever got knocked out cup competitions by lower league sides. Gus never had us bottom of the league at anytime in his stewardship.

Danny Lennon has been in the job five minutes ffs win against Hamilton and we will be half way up the table again. give it a rest.

Hope your going tonight to put all your concerns across or do you just leave that for your keyboard ?

:lol::lol: :lol: Gus never ever got knocked out cup competitions by lower league sides. Gus never had us bottom of the league at anytime in his stewardship.

Danny Lennon has been in the job five minutes ffs win against Hamilton and we will be half way up the table again. give it a rest.

Hope your going tonight to put all your concerns across or do you just leave that for your keyboard ?

Obviously he did, but what is worrying is (admitadly according to one of the tabloids yesteday) that Danny has already had us bottom for as long as Gus did in his entire time at Saints. I'm not sure which paper it was, it may have been the Star or the Metro, it was left on a train, but their stat wont be far wrong if it is wrong at all.

I stand to be convinced by Danny, before Saturday I thought we were sure things for relegation but we played far better in the second half than I've seen us play under him before, I'm hopeful, but not convinced.

Edited by 2becks

dundee utd was a good result, even though we were very lucky, we lost to ross county in the cup and at the time the hibs result was good but its came to light that everyone can beat them..............yogi got the boot because of it!

I would say we were very unlucky as we were seconds away from gaining all 3 points.

Edited by Mr Panda

Obviously he did, but what is worrying is (admitadly according to one of the tabloids yesteday) that Danny has already had us bottom for as long as Gus did in his entire time at Saints. I'm not sure which paper it was, it may have been the Star or the Metro, it was left on a train, but their stat wont be far wrong if it is wrong at all.

I stand to be convinced by Danny, before Saturday I thought we were sure things for relegation but we played far better in the second half than I've seen us paly under him before, I'm hopeful, but not convinced.

There is a reason for it being left on the train. The reason being; it contains utter pish.

Edited by Mr Panda

There is a reason for it being left on the train. The reason being; it contains utter pish.

I'm not disputing that in general terms, but the monkey with the crayon who reckoned Danny has had us bottom of the SPL for as long as Gus did is not far wrong if he is wrong at all. This concerns me.

I'm not disputing that in general terms, but the monkey with the crayon who reckoned Danny has had us bottom of the SPL for as long as Gus did is not far wrong if he is wrong at all. This concerns me.

Gus had us at the bottom of the league towards the end of the season.

Lets see where Danny has us towards the end of this season, then you can start being concerned if we're still bottom.

We're 7 games in, away and dry your knickers.

Edited by Mr Panda

What is "refreshing" about being bottom of the league, getting knocked out of the cup in the first round to lower league opposition, having our worst start to a season in 20 years, playing even more negative football than the previous manager, having a lack of scouting contacts and not playing any youth players?

I agree 100%.

I stand to be convinced by Danny, before Saturday I thought we were sure things for relegation but we played far better in the second half than I've seen us play under him before, I'm hopeful, but not convinced.

I am thinking the same way as in hopeful but concerned. But given Danny Lennon’s budget is some 300 grand short of Gus's I’m wiling to back and give the man time as i’m sure you are also. As I wrote before, beat Hamilton and we are back half way up the league

Disgraceful post and you should no better. The man has been in the job five minutes with a load of injuries and a budget well short of Gus's. Rather than slag off Danny Lennon you should be asking questions of our board

I am thinking the same way as in hopeful but concerned. But given Danny Lennon's budget is some 300 grand short of Gus's I'm wiling to back and give the man time as i'm sure you are also. As I wrote before, beat Hamilton and we are back half way up the league

According to a face- to-face with one of the new board members last Thursday this is not the case, the wage budget is "not significantly different" from last year. I think we need to be careful where our 'facts' come from. But however much our budgets have fallen by we can be sure our rivals have fallen by at least a similar proportion.

According to a face- to-face with one of the new board members last Thursday this is not the case, the wage budget is "not significantly different" from last year. I think we need to be careful where our 'facts' come from. But however much our budgets have fallen by we can be sure our rivals have fallen by at least a similar proportion.

My figure is just going by another post , silly me :ph34r: Bottom line is the buck stops at the board not danny lennon They could have quite easily went for spl experience rather than inexperience at this level.

spl experienced managers put their names forward for the job. We now know only one manager was interviewed that being danny Lennon

Those managers would have been making unrealistic financial demands on the board most likely. Cheque book managers like Calderwood are out of fashion in the current climate.

Aye, seconds :rolleyes:

They ran us ragged that day! Asfor DLs budget being cut.........

EVERYONES f**kING BUDGET HAS BEEN CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS f**kING IRRELEVANT!

Correct, Dundee Utd were the better team but a sign of a good team is to pick up points when not playing well.

To be seconds, and it was seconds, away from picking up 3 points against Dundee Utd when we played so bad is a good sign.

I agree with this post. It's hard to be convinced when you're bottom of the league but I am really hopeful, in each of the games I've seen there have been passages of play that have been really encouraging although ther have also been dissappointing parts as well. I predict we are going to play better football this season than last, but probably still be in a relegation battle (though hopefully a good few points ahead at the split.

I'd rather build a team over a few seasons than get half a dozen loan signings in and then have to start again next season and to be fair to lennon most, if not all, of the poor football this year has come from our SPL experienced players.

Cheer up guys - our time is coming :D:D:D

I agree with this post. It's hard to be convinced when you're bottom of the league but I am really hopeful, in each of the games I've seen there have been passages of play that have been really encouraging although ther have also been dissappointing parts as well. I predict we are going to play better football this season than last, but probably still be in a relegation battle (though hopefully a good few points ahead at the split.

I'd rather build a team over a few seasons than get half a dozen loan signings in and then have to start again next season and to be fair to lennon most, if not all, of the poor football this year has come from our SPL experienced players.

Cheer up guys - our time is coming :D:D:D

But thats what DL has done 2 loans, and 4 short term deals?

But thats what DL has done 2 loans, and 4 short term deals?

DL would have been slated if he'd offered 3 yr contracts to all the Cowdenbeath players but I'm sure negotiations will take place before their current deals are up. the loan deals covered positions we couldn't fill (when was the last time we had a left-back?). So I believe we are building a team & I think the current (relatively) higher earners will have to face reduced terms or move on when their contracts are up.

• 2 years later...

Well you lot took less time to appear than I'd expected. Get a f**king grip on yersels. We've got one of the best young managers in the country and I hope he'll be with us for the next few years regardless of whether we get relegated or not.

Danny's had to try and rebuild a team from scratch and - shock, horror - it's not proving easy.

Away and support Barcelona or someone.

Do you still agree??