Dear Gus

Guest TPAFKATS

your hero is a manager no one else wants. even in the lower divisions. A true Turkey of a man....

If he's that much of a turkey, I'm sure someone will want him in the next 2 or 3 months...

• 5 years later...
On 9/25/2010 at 10:27 PM, div said:

I think therein lies the crux of the problem. If Gus had lost the semi-final against Hearts 1-0 or Rangers had run all over the top of us in the final and won 3-0 supporters like you wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

To use the cup final defeat as ammo against Gus shows a very strange sense of priorities.

The club needs to be in the SPL. Gus kept us there for 5 seasons. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't particularly exciting but he did it.

In the last couple of seasons we also had decent cup runs to the Scottish Semis and the League Cup Final. That's a real bonus.

Do you remember how you felt when you left Fir Park having seen us beat Hearts or how you felt after we pumped Motherwell by three goals or indeed how you felt later in the season as we put four past Celtic ?

I hope Danny gives us some memorable days and nights as St.Mirren gaffer.

He did. :)

7 hours ago, shull said:

He did. :)

You and I disagree on several things. Think we can both agree though that both Danny Lennon and Gus McPherson were very good for St. Mirren over the piece. 

Who knows? Gus has a chance to be good once again for us in a different role and he may be about for several bright spots to come.